Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Ability for users to show/hide categories in their Latest Posts

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by woonydanny
Not sure where to post this, but would like this to be notified to the Dev team.

I am after an option to be built into the core kunena extension, whereby it is possible for individual users in their forum settings options to select which categories they want to appear in their Latest Posts.

So of the categories that their ACL lets them see already, they can select which ones to show/hide so that only posts from the categories they have selected will appear in their Latest Posts.

Eg. I have 5 categories Football, Hockey, Rugby, Tennis, Swimming in my forum and a user only ever wants to see posts from the Hockey category in their Latest Posts, they update their forum settings so that they hide the other categories (or show only the Hockey category).

I am willing to pay Kunena to develop this. Please contact me.

Eg, in user's forum settings they see this option:

Not sure if these github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/pull/1195 are this feature already? In upcoming K2.04?

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by woonydanny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by cbrace
I need something like this as well. One of the Kunena devs, Matias, told me in a private mail that he has something like this in mind:

Matias Griese said the following on 07/09/2012 10:23 AM:
Makes sense. Actually I have some plans on hiding categories from the main views user by user basis (they can pick up themselves what they would like to see). Basically users can start or stop following categories. By leaving a category it's not seen in main views, but can still be accessed if needed.

Does this sound like something you want to have?

I tried following this up several months ago but got no reply. I have no idea whether it is still in the pipeline.

I would be willing to contribute a share to the development costs as the organization I work for urgently needs this feature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds