Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Question: Locking down guests posts after X posts from same IP

More
11 years 5 months ago #1 by brentwilliams
I want to pay someone for this hack, if you all think it won't degrade performance too much. Here is my issue: I have decent site security, but every once and a while, a spammer gets through and posts 20 times causing massive amounts of emails to go out to subscribers. This only happens rarely, so I'd rather keep moderation off for usability's sake.

So my idea is to add a function that does two things:
1) If the IP address is the same as the prior 2/3/4/x IP addresses, and that IP tries to create a new post, automatically turn on moderation.
2) Email the administrator that moderation has been turned on.

Since the spammers usually do it late at night, I think this will limit the impact to 2 or 3 posts rather than 20.

Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #2 by brentwilliams
Should I assume this was a horrible idea since nobody responded, or did I just post in the wrong area?

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #3 by Kubik-Rubik
Hi Brentwilliams,

I think that the idea is good. Maybe you don't need this custom modification if you would use my antispam plugin: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...curity/captcha/11964

I am very familiar with Kunena and have already published two plugin for this component (Write Control for Kunena and Auto Subscription for Kunena). Write me a [strike]PM[/strike] mail ( joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de -> Contact) if you want to give me the job. We can talk about the details later via email.

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Kubik-Rubik.

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds