Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Need Private Forums Created -- Only Accessed by Individuals in a Joomla ACL Custom Group

More
11 years 6 months ago #1 by ChadM
I need to create two unique forums and then create 5 more copies of each. A user should be able to access only one forum based on their ACL group membership -- each forum will be private and only accessible by a single group.

If you are interested in doing the work for reasonable pay, please respond with your experience and email to follow-up with you.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2 by cbrace
I really need something like this for the forum I manage. It is a real shame that Kunena doesn't implement the site-wide ACL. I would also be prepared to contribute some funds to see this enhancement added.

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by Jiminimonka
Had any response yet ChadM?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 5 months ago #4 by ChadM
Yes, it is being worked. Not sure if it will end up as intended. I also found it looks like Community Builder can create private forums for Kunena. This will be plan B if needed.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #5 by Jiminimonka
I have created a private forum on my website, using the default Joomla ACL. I created a sub-group of Registered users called Officers, then set the ACL for the Officer Kunena category to Officers, and then change a select group of registered users to Officer in Joomla admin, and only they can see or post in the Officer category now.

If you need anymore help, just ask here, I will post the details.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds