Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Connect Jomsocial Groups- kunena discussion into one board.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1 by james2581
I would like to have a separate forum which shows my Jomsocial Groups as sections of a forum and all the posts for that group in that section. It would be for a large number of groups. It would only be available to admins because I am sure load times will be slow.

This accomplishes two things.

1) Easy to moderate posts for multiple groups instead of having to click in each one.
2) Track total posts of a site to get a better feel of forum activity and total posts.

Example.

Jomsocial Group category
-Cars
Ford, Jeep, Honda

Kunena Category - Cars
Forum - Ford, Jeep, Honda

Basically do what everyone thought the Group Plugins did. I have a feeling this will be released in later versions so if this is already in the works I can wait.

Check out My online community. Once you stop by you will be hooked. www.JameZtown.com
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by james2581.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
With a bit of work you can do this yourself, using the Groups plugin. When a group is created, tick the "Allow members to use group forums." button and it will create a new forum category. Then you can move the categories around using the Kunena Category admin page.

However, if you want the comments and replies from JS stream to feed back into the forums, then that is a different matter.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by james2581
I cannot find the Allow members to use group forums option when setting up a new group. I have installed the plugin and it is enabled. When I go to a group discussion it is using kunena, however when I go to my main forum there is no category or forum setup for that group.

Check out My online community. Once you stop by you will be hooked. www.JameZtown.com

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds