Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Solved How to add new fields to the user profile

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1 by nikola562349
How to add new fields to the user profile
1) insert a new field to the end of the table structure "kunena_users"
Code:
(name: "textfield45" type: "varchar (50)" null: "1")

2) in the file "site \ components \ com_kunena \ controllers \ user.php" in function "saveProfile" insert a line of conservation:
Code:
$ this-> me-> textfield45 = JRequest :: getString ('textfield45','');
3) in the file "site \ components \ com_kunena \ template \ blue_eagle \ html \ user \ default_summary.php" concluded the field:
Code:
<? php if (! empty ($ this-> me-> textfield45)):?> <li> <strong> <? php echo 'A new text';?>: </ strong> <? php echo $ this -> me-> textfield45;?> </ li> <? php endif;?>

4) in the file "site \ components \ com_kunena \ views \ user \ view.html.php" create new feature "echotextfield45 ()" which is entered to change the line

fields:
Code:
echo '<input type="text" size="50" maxlength="50" name="textfield45" value="'. $this-> escape ($ this-> profile-> textfield45).' "/> ';

5) in the file "site \ components \ com_kunena \ template \ blue_eagle \ html \ user \ edit_tab.php" create a new tab and it displays a new feature "echotextfield45() "
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Jiminimonka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by jonny3010
cant get it to work :(

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by rgrae81
more details could be helpful ;)

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by jonny3010
how do i add field to profile?

i want to add im game name and other fields

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds