Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Upgrading Joomla, Kunena and CB

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #1 by mmcdermott1
I am trying to upgrade Joomla, Community Builder, and Kunena to the latest versions of each and am having zero luck. Every time I do it it crashes. I have used jupgrade to upgrade jooma but when I move the contents of the jupgrade folder to the root, it all goes crazy and nothing works. My question is this:

1. In what order should I upgrade between Joomla, CB, and Kunena.
2. Do I need to do increment upgrades or can I go from current version straight to the latest versions
3. What things do I need to look for and what preperation if any do I need to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Getting very frustrated.

Database: 5.5.25a-27.1
PHP Version 5.2.17
Joomla 1.5.26

Community Builder: 1.4
Kunena: 1.6.4
uddeIM:2.6

I have also included a pictured of my components. I run legacy mode but cannot figure out why I need to. If I turn it off the whole site breaks. I have went through and turned off every possible plugin, module, and component and yet if I turn off legacy mode it still breaks.??

I am also aware of the J1.0 compatibility issues and the procedure for finding incompatible items. Nothing has a red "x" next to compatible. I read somewhere that possibly CB plugin might be causing it. If I get the above 3 questions answered and upgrade CB this might possibly fix itself and allow me to turn of legacy mode.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : cgv034 | author: mwm | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-01-06

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by mmcdermott1. Reason: Added legacy mode information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2 by stewart9643
Unless someone can suggest a better alternative, your best option is back up user data and any images and then do a clean install of J2.7. Follow it with a CB install. CB now has the all in one installation which works well. Then do a clean install of Kunena etc. It is worth the effort.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #3 by sozzled
A superficial examination of this website suggests that there is between 6-10 hours of effort involved in the planning and execution of the site makeover. At between $50-100 per hour for someone to do the work, this should give people a rough idea of what kind of budget is involved.

The very first task is to compile an inventory of every software asset used in the initial site because there's a very strong chance that something will not survive the migration process. We alsready can see that there's a dependence on some J! 1.0 software (requiring the need for legacy mode to be enabled) and that, in itself, is something that needs to be changed now.

It is better to upgrade software to the highest supported version to for J! 1.5 before you migrate to J 2.5. That will make the migration task all the more easier.

If someone wants me to do this work, my email address is on the home page. You already have a an idea of the cost involved. We are discussing between $500 and $1,000 for this kind of work. Alternatively there's also www.joomlancers.com .
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds