Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Solved [Help please] K 2.0: Remove Logging of IPs

More
14 years 2 months ago #128384 by eauxfolles
Due to legal reasons I have to remove the ability of Kunena to log the IP addresses of users. Unfortunately it is not enough to hide it, so I have to adjust the code.

In the past I was adjusting the file "kunena.posting.class.php" in the folder "/components/com_kunena/lib". I am not familiar yet with the new design of Kunena since 2.0 and am struggling to find the right place where I can prevent writing the IP address of a user into the DB.

Would be great if someone has a hint...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #128445 by eauxfolles
... /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/topic/topic.php, /start/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/category/category.php and /start/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/forum/message/message.php are the places to look for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #128707 by Matias
I added a feature request for this:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/973

It should be doable from one place as we already support removing IP..

in administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/tables/kunenamessages.php there's function called check(). Just make IP address empty in there and you should be ok.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds