Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [background] code

More
14 years 5 months ago #123462 by Blizz
[background] code was created by Blizz
Hello,

I have been struggling with this (up to the point that I got frustrated enough to sign up and post here), and I so hope that someone here can help me out.
I would really like my users to be able to make/post their custom post templates (aka post backgrounds), however, this is currently impossible since Kunena doesn't accept the Bbcode [background].

For those of you who are unfamiliar with post templates:

[img=Header url][background=Background url] Text/content here [/background][img=Footer image]. Where the text floats over the background image.This is a typical code for (non-css) post templates.

If someone could tell me how I can get this to work, I'd be most grateful!!

Greetings,
Blizz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #123463 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic [background] code
G'day, Blizz, and welcome to Kunena.

As you probably know, BBcode is a somewhat vague term because what might be one forum's BBcode isn't necessarily implemented in another forum's BBcode or, in this case, in Kunena.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but there is no [background] BBcode tag in Kunena.

Therefore, the options available to you are

(1) Use CSS to render the background; or

(2) Write your own BBcode parser for Kunena to handle a [background] tag.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #123464 by Blizz
Replied by Blizz on topic [background] code
Hello Sozzled, thank you for your reply!

I suppose I have been somewhat vague, but I understand that there is no [background] bbtag in kunena (that is what I meant with that kunena doesn't accept it, sorry for the confusion there :P ).

I gathered that something had to be created or edited, and I did have a look at the coding etc, within the kunena folders, however, I am a bit of a noob (at times...) and I genuinly don't understand the coding enough to implement/change something. Let alone write a parser.. :(

I was actually hoping someone with the experience and knowledge to do so, would be kind enough to write it ( so I don't "break" kunena ;)...because I probably would if I tried). *blush*

Greetings!
Blizz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #123465 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic [background] code
I reckon that I would probably break the parser, too, if I tried to implement this feature. :laugh: Perhaps someone else in the community may have a similar interest in creating this feature, may be feeling generous enough to do this at no cost to you, and willing to share their ideas. I'll move this topic to a different category if that would help.

As far as the Kunena project is concerned, there hasn't been a request made for this feature before - I'm not judging the value of the feature, BTW - and therefore this is not on the official "to do" list of BBcode features to be added. If I were in your place and feeling frustrated if a solution to my needs was not forthcoming within a short time frame and, lacking the requisite skill to develop this, I would look at the option of engaging a skilled PHP programmer to build what I wanted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blizz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #123466 by Blizz
Replied by Blizz on topic [background] code
Oh good, it's not just me then! :P

Oh I'll keep my fingers crossed, it would be so great if this feature got created (it gives so many customization options to users!). I appreciate you moving this to another category.

And thank you, I'll keep that in mind. Though, for now I will just have to be patient and see if someone in the community is interested in this.

Again, thank you so much for your (quick!) reply, much appreciated :)

Greetings!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds