- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.
The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.
The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.
Question Need A Module To Display Users Of Specific Ranks
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #112108
by DeGaUsS
Need A Module To Display Users Of Specific Ranks was created by DeGaUsS
Hey Everyone. So, so break it down, I have about 25 Admin appointed ranks on my website. The ranking system is working perfectly and such. Now, on my website I need to be able to display the users in each rank in a module style. My Kunena is linked to JomSocial so I would LIKE to have it display pictures with the information hover like on the "Newest Members" jomsocial mod. But if Just names makes everything a lot easier, that's fine as well. I already created a hack to put the Kunena rank the user is in their JomSocial profile.
On my site im adding, promoting, & removing people on a daily basis and I would like the module to basically pull that information right when its done instead of having to go threw afterwords each day and update each "Rank List" module like I would need to if I just made them HTML modules.
Is there anything like this out there already? And if so, point the way. If not, can somone get me started with the code I would need to do such a thing?
Thanks in advance!
-DeGaUsS
On my site im adding, promoting, & removing people on a daily basis and I would like the module to basically pull that information right when its done instead of having to go threw afterwords each day and update each "Rank List" module like I would need to if I just made them HTML modules.
Is there anything like this out there already? And if so, point the way. If not, can somone get me started with the code I would need to do such a thing?
Thanks in advance!
-DeGaUsS
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #112151
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Need A Module To Display Users Of Specific Ranks
G'day, DeGaUsS, and welcome to Kunena.
No, there isn't something available like this at the moment.
There are a couple of ways that one could go about this. In my view, the "ideal" way would be to display the rank in the userlist and then sort the results on that column. Yes, another way would be to develop a module to display those accounts that have a specific rank in their Kunena user profile.
I could possibly write some kind of module to display a list of user accounts that have the rank equal to a particular value (it would take me a couple of days to do that). The question is whether people would like this custom module designed for J! 1.5 or J! 1.7 (I'm not good at writing something that would work on either) and whether they would be willing to pay for something like this. But, if I developed this, I would not be too interested in maintaining it across both streams of Joomla nor would I be particularly interested in keeping it up-to-date from one version of Kunena to the next (in case there were changes in the table structure that prevented it from working). Would anyone be interested in paying for this to be done? Other developers, too, might be interested in making something like this available for free or at a nominal cost (on the off-chance that they could recover the costs of their time).
No, there isn't something available like this at the moment.
There are a couple of ways that one could go about this. In my view, the "ideal" way would be to display the rank in the userlist and then sort the results on that column. Yes, another way would be to develop a module to display those accounts that have a specific rank in their Kunena user profile.
I could possibly write some kind of module to display a list of user accounts that have the rank equal to a particular value (it would take me a couple of days to do that). The question is whether people would like this custom module designed for J! 1.5 or J! 1.7 (I'm not good at writing something that would work on either) and whether they would be willing to pay for something like this. But, if I developed this, I would not be too interested in maintaining it across both streams of Joomla nor would I be particularly interested in keeping it up-to-date from one version of Kunena to the next (in case there were changes in the table structure that prevented it from working). Would anyone be interested in paying for this to be done? Other developers, too, might be interested in making something like this available for free or at a nominal cost (on the off-chance that they could recover the costs of their time).
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #112153
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Need A Module To Display Users Of Specific Ranks
There is one problem in devising this module regarding automatically-assigned ranks. While it is possible to run a query like "SELECT * FROM `jos_kunena_users` WHERE `rank` = 7;" (which will select the administrators), most Kunena installations run with user the rank value = 0. So, it's a little more difficult to find out who are the "expert boarders" are, for example.
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #112207
by DeGaUsS
Replied by DeGaUsS on topic Re: Need A Module To Display Users Of Specific Ranks
I would just want it to list the Admin appointed ranks I set. Not the # post count ranks. I could do access lvl 10,11,12,13 for the different admin appointed ranks. I just dont know exactly how I would pull it and display it in a module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds