Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved AceSEF: top/bottom links not working as they should

More
11 years 3 months ago #1 by powsurfer
I have recently installed the current version of Kunena. The on page links to top of page or bottom of page are not working as expected.

The top link is to htfcfans.co.uk/#forumbottom
and the bottom link is to htfcfans.co.uk/#forumtop

I believe they are only picking up the base url and not the full (current) page url.
see attached
Also, is it possible to put the forum in any directory other than /forum/ ?

btw: On my previous posts in this forum I am not getting email notifications even though I tick the box to request them
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
These top/bottom links are wrongly formed.

In your case, the top link is <domain-name-root>/#forumbottom and the bottom link is <domain-name-root>/#forumbottom. The correct form (if you were using standard, ordinary, everyday, Joomla SEO) should be <domain-name-root>/<menu-item-alias>/<Kunena-category-alias>/<Kunena-forum-topic-alias>#forumbottom and similarly for the other one.

I think your issues are related to how you have enabled Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) on your site, involving the use AceSEF. If you look at the technical requirements specifications for K 2.0 (under the heading "interoperability with other Joomla extensions"), you will find that AceSEF is not, to our knowledge, compatible with K 2.0. This is probably a matter that you need to discuss with the developers of AceSEF. Can you try to disable AceSEF from your site to confirm if this is why link references are being re-directed in mysterious ways?

More
11 years 3 months ago #3 by powsurfer
Disabled AceSEF and those links are working fine now.
Unfortunately I do need something other than the stock SEF.
On your compatibility page nothing other than MijoSEF works and won't on the next update. MijoSEF didn't work in other ways for me.

Do you know if this AceSEF mod works? ... www.joomace.net/downloads/acesef/extensions/kunena-acesef
If not can you make any other suggestions?
Many thanks

More
11 years 3 months ago #4 by powsurfer

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
I am pleased that you have fixed your problem. This forum is not the best place to discuss other Joomla extensions that you may be wanting to use with Kunena. I do not know anything about AceSEF. As I mentioned in my previous post, we are not aware if AceSEF is compatible with K 2.0.4. That is a question you will have to ask the developers of that product.

We do not recommend any third-party SEO/SEF products for use with Kunena. Most of these other third-party SEO/SEF products add a significant overhead to your website and, as your forum continues to grow, eventually you will run out of PHP memory unless you are able to configure more memory for your website. Even if you think you have a sufficient quantity of PHP memory, you will eventually exhaust that memory and, over time, your site performance will degrade. Eventually your site will stop working.

Kunena is optimised to use standard Joomla SEO. If you want to know more about standard Joomla SEO, see Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds