Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved How to add custom fields to User statistics ?

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by polki
Hi,

i'm using JomSocial + Kunena 1.6.5

I want to know how can i add custom fields to the User statistics ? Just under the avatar of the user, we can see the number of posts, his account type ( admin / member etc... ).
I want to add more fields, like a direct PM button ( exactly the same thing that there is on THIS forum ) the gender etc...

I have some custom fields on my JomSocial component and i would like them to appear under the avatar of the user.

Is it possible ??
( at least i know that adding the direct PM button is possible :p )

thanks in advance
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by polki.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DuckJunkie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
It's not possible with JomSocial, but it's possible with CB.

You can edit the template files instead.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by polki
thanks for the answer

do you mean Kunena templates files ?

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
Yes, Kunena template files.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by woonydanny
would be a good feature request...

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: DuckJunkie

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by Baze
Anyone has idea how can we get the code for the custom fields from jomsocial?

More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by Baze
Ok i did it myself :)

in order to show the custom fields from jomsocial in the user profiles in kunena (under the avatar), you need to open profile.vertical.php from your kunena template (it's in components/com_kunena/template/default/view/profile.vertical.php). Oh and if you are using horizontal profiles open profile.horizontal.php

At the end of the file add this:
Code:
<?php $authorid = $this->profile->userid; $jspath = JPATH_BASE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_community'; include_once($jspath.DS.'libraries'.DS.'core.php'); $user =& CFactory::getUser($authorid); //put all your custom field code here, you can put as much as you want. In backend open components->jomsocial->custom profiles, to see your field codes and replace them in this code (replace cb_gender,cb_city..with your codes) $data = $user->getInfo('cb_birthday'); $data1 = $user->getInfo('cb_gender'); $data2 = $user->getInfo('cb_city'); $data3 = $user->getInfo('cb_motor'); $data4 = $user->getInfo('cb_club'); //and here we print the data, you should manually change the labels (birthday, gender..) to whatever suits you echo '<p>Birthday: '.$data.'</p>'; echo '<p>Gender: '.$data1.'</p>'; echo '<p>City: '.$data2.'</p>'; echo '<p>Motorcycle: '.$data3.'</p>'; echo '<p>Club: '.$data4.'</p>'; ?>

that's it, now you can use your jomsocial custom fields in the forum :)

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #8 by Baze
Anyone has idea how can i check whether the fields have some data so that i don't show empty labels? For example the label City shows on the profile even thou the user hasn't put any data in Jomsocial for that field so it doesn't looks good.

p.s. for 2.0 and the Blue Eagle template the location of the file is in /components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/html/topic, and the file is default_profile_vertical.php
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Baze.

More
11 years 9 months ago #9 by Matias
!empty($foo) ?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #10 by Baze
I'd appreciate if there is some programmer who can spare me from learning php :) the thing is that i'm not a developer, i managed to sort out the previous code because i can figure out the way it's working from other examples but i have no idea how to use !empty($foo) :)

i'd google a bit, if i find a solution meanwhile i'll post it.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Baze.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds