Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged Rockettheme Login and Search modules

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by grindercore
Hello Kuenana Support!

I got a problem on my website, i got kunena installed, using jomsocial.

Using Rockettheme Crystalline template. If you check the MEMBER LOGIN button and the Search... not working properly on the forum page, but works well everywhere else. Please check it at the following link: ( search works, but not properly as it works on other pages , member login not working on this page at all )

grindercore.com/forum/index

Should be something with mootols , check the following:

Uncaught TypeError: Object www.grindercore.com/ has no method 'getID'
jsContainer.Element.class
Class.initialize
(anonymous function)mootools.js:1
extend._ownermootools.js:1
(anonymous function)index:93
d

Tried to turn on and off mootols upgrade, nothing changed, still the same issue.

Please help me in this issue, thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, grindercore, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read Guide to posting questions when asking for support and the first message in If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first .

What exactly do you mean that the "member login button and the search" are not working properly?

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #3 by grindercore

sozzled wrote: G'day, grindercore, and welcome to Kunena.

Please read Guide to posting questions when asking for support and the first message in If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first .

What exactly do you mean that the "member login button and the search" are not working properly?

You click on the Member Login button, and nothing happens, the popup is not working, and about the search, when you click in it, the search text wont dissapear and the popup window is not coming with the results . It works on every other page, not working at kunena only. should be a JS issue

grindercore.com/forum/index

here is the link again, thanks for checking , helping!!!

( Its not the kunena member login button, its a popup login, and not the kunena search either , you'll see it if you check the link )
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by grindercore.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled

grindercore wrote: You click on the Member Login button, and nothing happens, the popup is not working

What popup are we discussing here? I am not familiar with the login module you are using. Who designed and developed this login module?

grindercore wrote: and about the search, when you click in it, the search text wont dissapear ...

I don't understand. When I used the Search menu tab I had no problems. I searched your forum and I found results so I don't understand your question.

grindercore wrote: and the popup window is not coming with the results

I do not understand what you mean by a "popup" window. I am not familiar with the search module you are using. Who designed and developed this search module?

I have asked you to read the posting guide (a copy is printed at the top of this page). We should not have to remind people that, when they ask questions in the support categories, to include all the information they can, including their configuration report, when they ask for help. We should also not have to remind people that, when they post questions in the support categories, to confine their problems to those matters that involve products designed, developed, endorsed and supported by the Kunena project team. Please read the FAQs page and this will help you understand better about our posting guidelines. Thank you.

Window popups are usually driven by Javascript. If there is a problem with Javascript on your website, it is probably because you have conflicting Jasvascript libaries running on your site. I suggest you read If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first .

I hope this information helps.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by grindercore

sozzled wrote:

grindercore wrote: You click on the Member Login button, and nothing happens, the popup is not working

What popup are we discussing here? I am not familiar with the login module you are using. Who designed and developed this login module?

grindercore wrote: and about the search, when you click in it, the search text wont dissapear ...

I don't understand. When I used the Search menu tab I had no problems. I searched your forum and I found results so I don't understand your question.

grindercore wrote: and the popup window is not coming with the results

I do not understand what you mean by a "popup" window. I am not familiar with the search module you are using. Who designed and developed this search module?

I have asked you to read the posting guide (a copy is printed at the top of this page). We should not have to remind people that, when they ask questions in the support categories, to include all the information they can, including their configuration report, when they ask for help. We should also not have to remind people that, when they post questions in the support categories, to confine their problems to those matters that involve products designed, developed, endorsed and supported by the Kunena project team. Please read the FAQs page and this will help you understand better about our posting guidelines. Thank you.

Window popups are usually driven by Javascript. If there is a problem with Javascript on your website, it is probably because you have conflicting Jasvascript libaries running on your site. I suggest you read If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first .

I hope this information helps.

As I said, its a rockettheme, Crystalline template. I posted my debug here, and the problem is something with kunena-mootols it seems.

When you use the search ( same line as the member login ), it should give you a popup with the results, try it on the Home page, it works there. This login module works on every other page, check Home Page or in any other menu, it only doesnt work at kunena page. Its a popup login. Just try clicking on MEMBER LOGIN button, it doesnt work, the popup is not coming, as it do on every other page.

Im not a joomla beginner, I included all infos that needed for this matter I think. also posted the debug at first post, where it says that there is something wrong with mootols.

Thanks for the help!!!

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #6 by grindercore
you can also message me on live chat on the site, i wrote u there on the website, might be easier to speak there, faster!

im not a total beginner as i said, i know its a JS issue, and im asking help how to fix it. you might can figure out whats exactly wrong, as I cant, thanks!!

posting it again:

Uncaught TypeError: Object www.grindercore.com/ has no method 'getID'
jsContainer.Element.class
Class.initialize
extend._ownermootools.js:1
(anonymous function)index:93
d
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by grindercore.

More
11 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
(1) Where did you get the member login module from? Ask them about why it's not working.

(2) Where did you get the search module from? Ask them about why it's not working.

(3) Please read the posting guide and remember to include your configuration report (which you have not given us) when you ask questions in the support category.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
Update: as we discussed offline, these are issues affecting two Rockettheme modules that may, or may not, work with K 1.7.2. User is advised to pursue these issues with Rockettheme.

*** Topic moved from K 1.7 Support category ***
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago #9 by Angus Mackay
Does anyone know how to get rid of the login and search buttons in Kunena 2?

I'm using Joomla itself to control access to the forum and the login and seach buttons in Kunena itself are confusing since the Joomla login and search functions (in the JF Corporate template are almost next to them.

Any help much appreciated.

Angus

More
11 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
Have you asked the people who designed the JF corporate template?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angus Mackay

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds