Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question SoundCloud ? anyone able to get it to work inside the Kunena?

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by alienbee
how can I get soundcloud to work in the Kunena :blush:
I dug around in search and its been mentioned but nothing has been nailed to do it outright inside Kunena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by alienbee
Its not an extension im asking about is it? I don't know why this was moved to extensions category , Its just a question if one is able to post a soundlcloud mp3 inside of Kunena and get it to play,
I would think it would be more of BBCode thing rather then having to install a plugin or extension yes?
:blink:
i dont know ..thats why im asking..
i see there is allowances for the other video player formats to play inside of Kunena -- same principle right?
:(

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #3 by sozzled
You asked how to make Soundcloud work in Kunena. Kunena is not "natively" geared to take Soundcloud. Soundcloud is external to Kunena. This is not a support issue because there is no native support built in K 2.0 for Soundcloud. I don't know where best suits this question but it's not something the Kunena project is responsible for in K 2.0 at this time. There are many multimedia formats that do not work in K 2.0 and, when you select the "video" BBcode toolbar button, you will not see Soundcloud listed among them.

Perhaps another member of the community may have a similar interest in Soundcloud and may have found a way to make those things work in K 2.0. Work needs to be done (by someone) make it possible for a variety of different multimedia formats. It's not entirely reasonable that every multimedia format available on the internet should be incorporated into Kunena. This would be a huge imposition on the workload of the development team.

Although Soundcloud is not another Joomla extension - I agree with you - I'm leaving this topic parked in this category for the time being until another member of the community, with a similar interest to you, adds their contribution. I'm sorry I cannot be more helpful but Soundcloud is not something that I (or other members of the Kunena project) are necessarily familiar with at this time.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by alienbee
no worries sozzled :)
Great work with all that it is now btw! incredible forum!
Ill be happy where ever I can find hope on the subject, thank you.

I guess at this time i should investigate how to get a BBcode added to the list on the menu, maybe it will work :lol:

~off to digging through the Kunena Manuals~

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #5 by alienbee
Anyone else interested in the idea heres a link to API and SDK information relevent to the subject ;)
not that i understand any of this lol...I am going to try and learn
Soundcloud Stuff
:whistle:
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by alienbee.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #6 by alienbee
Some thing to do with it i think.

" oEmbed is a format for allowing an embedded representation of a URL on third party sites. The simple API allows a website to display embedded content (such as photos or videos) when a user posts a link to that resource, without having to parse the resource directly."

oembed.com
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Minor change to correct small problem with displaying link

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka
AllVideo - www.joomlaworks.net/content/view/35/41/ is supposed to allow Soundcloud to be embedded into Joomla, however at the moment I can't get it working in Kunena (but I rushed). If I get it working I will post a reply here.

EDIT: There is a known issue with {} tags at the moment, at least with Kunena 2.0, its in the bug reports so will get fixed eventually. AllVideo should work just fine with Kunena 1.7.3.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by alienbee
Thanks Jiminimonka!!

I see it ! they say:

Since v4.2+ of the plugin, we are adding new providers which previously could not be added with the "id" pattern.
SoundCloud.com is the first such provider supported and you now copy & paste the full URL, which you then place inside {soundcloud} plugin tags.

right on!!!AllVideo! woohaa! I will try and see too if I can get her to fire a souncloud onto a post today, will return with report :silly:

More
11 years 7 months ago #9 by alienbee
:(
that was close but no cigar

patience , its coming closer :cheer:

More
11 years 7 months ago #10 by Jiminimonka
As I said, it is not working in Kunena 2.0.1 yet but will be fixed in an upcoming release. It will work in Kunena 1.7.3 however.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds