Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena jomsocial integration not working

More
12 years 1 week ago #21 by PIC
Can anyone please help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #22 by Jiminimonka
I have Kunena and JomSocial working on my site, it works the same way that it works on Kunena.org - but I have comments enabled. However, Comments in Jomsocial do not work with Kunena posts. You can comment on a JomSocial message or discussion but it does not allow you to comment on other peoples Kunena posts. Kunena posts appear in the activity stream of JomSocial, and you can click on them and go to the forum to reply.

That is just the way JomSocial works. It would require someone to dedicate time to make JomSocial and Kunena integrate the way you want it to, as at the moment it is not possible.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #23 by kj2010
Hello Kunena friends,

firstly it seems that here happened some "confusion" about commenting and that sozzled couldn't follow what PIC meant.

This post here will be a bit longer but i would appreciate it a lot that you all can read careful everything that we can together try to locate this issue.

1.) Kunena.org (the link sozzled posted above) does not allow to comment on "activity items".
It is really strange how sozzled can say that he commented on the items because it is definetly disabled here. The image from PIC shows it.

This is how it should look like (from my site)

This "Comment button" is not visible on Kunena.org

2.) I have the same problems on my site.
The question link to the Q&A from jomsocial posted by PIC was from me.
>>> www.jomsocial.com/support/answers.html?v...show&questionid=1022

It took me ~2 weeks to find out that it is not possible to comment on any 3rd party activity.
I will post now a screenshot of my conversation between a jomsocial staff member and me after this guy has tested something on my site.
Read the entire conversation. (you can keep typos for you ;) )
Please read this: >>> www.ptcsociety.com/images/0001streambug_...on_with_js-staff.png
I don't wanted to embedd the picture here because it is a huge one:

3.) Additional information with screenshots on my own forum:
>>> www.ptcsociety.com/forum/56-bugs-issues/...-on-stream-disappear

>>> www.ptcsociety.com/forum/56-bugs-issues/...n-stream-and-website

4.) To summarize this:
It seems that the following comments to stream activities work:
- To status update
- To photos
- To videos
- etc. ...means: ALL jomsocial integrated features.

But commenting does not work on activities from:
- Listings and Reviews (JReviews)
- Comments (Compojoom Comment)
- Forum (Kunena)
- Points and Medals (AlphaUserPoints)

5.) The solution (???):
I would appreciate it a lot of the Kunena developers can have a look at the following file:

ROOT/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/jomsocial/activity.php

and check if they use an outdated activity library (like the Jomsocial developer said in his support reply).

6.) My personal opinion:
I find this really strange that ALL 3rd party components have the same bug/glitch.
That's really seldom.
But i would like to mention that this happened since Jomsocial 2.6.
In JS 2.4 commenting was definetly possible.

I'm pretty sure that i might get a reply here something like:
"Look, all 3rd party components don't work. Don't you think that the problem is on jomsocial side?"
Honestly? I agree with that.
It seems to me very strange that widely used components like Kunena, JReviews, CompojoomComments, AlphaUserPoints and others have all the same error since the latest J2.6.
But hey.... Lucky accidents can happen.
Maybe all you developers simply forgot to update your libraries.
Isn't it possible?

I will post this posting also in all other 3rd party dev forums to see what they have to say about this.

I deeply hope i could help a bit here to elaborate this problem because it is really odd that commenting on stream activities does not work (anymore).

Thanks a lot for reading.
I'm here for you guys if you need more information, help or anything else from me.
I'm daily online because this need to be fixed.

Martin
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by kj2010.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
11 years 11 months ago #24 by PIC
The problem is that when the Jomsocial 2.6 update came out, Kunena(as well as several other 3rd party component developers) did NOT update their plugins to be compatible.

I have attempted to get Jomsocial to help, but they just said that Kunena needs to update their plugins.

Here is the reply to my ticket about this issue with Jomsocial:

Hello.

I really don't like sending our users somewhere else and if I could help I would. But the problem lies not with JomSocial but with kunena not being updated to support comments. You are not the only one with the problem and our developers did look into it. They found that kunena (as well as few other extensions) are simply missing parts of the code which are responsible for comments.

More
11 years 11 months ago #25 by Matias
Many thanks to @PIC and @kj2010 for giving enough background information so that I could understand the issue.

Nobody in our team was aware that JomSocial activity stream API had been changed. It looks like we were not alone, so JomSocial team probably forgot to communicate the change to everyone.

I still think that this is JomSocial bug as commenting should be disabled in the first place if the activity doesn't support commenting.

If someone wants to fix the issue for Kunena 1.7, here's the documentation how to do it:
www.jomsocial.com/support/docs/item/780-...activity-stream.html

I'll report a bug to our issue tracker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, kj2010

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #26 by kj2010
Hello Matias,
no problem. You're welcome.

The thing is: The Jomsocial development is going really very fast.
(faster than Firefox throws out new browser version ;) )
So, there is no apologize needed if some components are not able to follow this fast process.
But it still wonders me that nearly all components didn't notice.
I also talked to the JReviews admin and he was not aware as well.
It is always about communication but such things happen.
I don't blame anyone for this. Welcome to the internet. :)

Thanks for the link. I believe it should be possible with this to fix the issues also in the other comps.
When i have the time i will try it out and will let you guys know but actually i need to think about to update to JS2.6.1
I'm always a bit frightened to update JS, especially when everything works on my site perfectly.

However. Don't want to get offtopic here.
Thanks for your help and cooperation and much success to all with fixing this.

Regards,
Martin

More
11 years 11 months ago #27 by xillibit

Matias wrote: Many thanks to @PIC and @kj2010 for giving enough background information so that I could understand the issue.

Nobody in our team was aware that JomSocial activity stream API had been changed. It looks like we were not alone, so JomSocial team probably forgot to communicate the change to everyone.

I still think that this is JomSocial bug as commenting should be disabled in the first place if the activity doesn't support commenting.

If someone wants to fix the issue for Kunena 1.7, here's the documentation how to do it:
www.jomsocial.com/support/docs/item/780-...activity-stream.html

I'll report a bug to our issue tracker.

This Jomsocial doc has been updated in april 2011 and Jomsocial 2.6 has been released in march 2012, so the doc is useless :(

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 11 months ago #28 by Matias
I contacted JomSocial team and they provided a fix which should solve the issue. It should be available on Kunena 2.0.0 Beta2, which will be out within a week or so.

It was a lack of communication. I think I asked if there's anything new for us in JS 2.6, but this wasn't mentioned when we talked. It's so easy to forget to test small changes like this, so it's likely that JomSocial team just forgot to give update for 3rd party developers who aren't working with it every day.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #29 by kj2010
Hello, a quick update from me here as well.
I got it working for new topics! :cheer:

Open file
>>> /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/jomsocial/activity.php

Search for
Code:
CFactory::load ( 'libraries', 'activities' );
Line: 107

Add below:

Code:
$command = 'kunena.post'; $act->comment_type = $command; $act->comment_id = CActivities::COMMENT_SELF; $act->like_type = $command; $act->like_id = CActivities::LIKE_SELF;

This shows the "Like" and "Comment" button.
You can like and comment and they don't disappear anymore. :)
This works only for "New Topics" and not for replies or for thank yous.

Info: I have "Everyone can comment" (Jomsocial >>> Configuration >>> Site) disabled.
You don't need this anymore.
You can use similar hacks for all other activites (other components).
Simply replace the "$command" parameter.

Regards,
Martin

*EDIT:
I don't get it working for "replies".
I tried with "kunena.reply", "kunena.post.reply" and others but i don't get it working.
So, this code above is only for NEW TOPICS.
Maybe someone can help here out.
Thanks! :)
Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago #30 by ae3d

PIC wrote: Oh, cool! didnt realize we had JS here.

No, it appears that kunena has disabled comments on posts in the activity stream.

As you can see on the page you mentioned above, it shows the kunena posts in the stream, and has a read more button, but does not have a "comment" button. This is a feature which must be enabled in the settings.

So, no, it's not working here because it's turned off.

Thanks,
Joel

But this is where i am having the problem
im using Kunena 1.6.1
and Jomsocial Version: 2.6.1

i am getting NO activity from kunena on my activity stream

i checked forum category permissions, and all seems correct
there are no private areas to hide from the activity stream

take a look at my stream
www.antifmradio.com/radio/community/the-network

the first one listed "wawasu and jonicloud are now friends "
Today is June 7th
and this particular activity of friending happened almost a month ago.

Last night and this morning i posted something to the kunena forum on my site
and its till not showing up

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds