Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena jomsocial integration not working

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by PIC
Hi,

On my site, pilotincontrol.com, Kunena activities display in the activity stream.

There is a comment button under the kunena activity.

When you comment, it looks as though it accepted your comment, but upon page refresh, the comment dissapears(this is a comment on a JS activity for a forum post).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joel
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by PIC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Can you please explain your choice of subject. What do you mean "official"?

Please read the posting guide printed at the top of this page. Can we see your configuration report, please?

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by PIC
Sozzled, by saying "Official" I was attempting to make it clear that this is not integration provided by a third party. I mentioned a similar problem once and a moderator moved my thread to third party thread.

As requested, here is the config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 5000 seconds | Max execution memory: 400M | Max file upload: 1500M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_bigeasy | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.6 | creationdate: March 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
By using the word "official", I thought you were stating a fact, tha t someone had officially announced somewhere that Kunena and JomSocial cannot be integrated together!

Look at your configuration report and you will see that you have several modules and plugins that are in need of updating. You should fix that first. I don't know too much about JomSocial but have you installed the Kunena add-ons to make the features work? The point is that you haven't.

Now that we have the missing information, maybe there is another member of the community who can provide you with detailed instructions about what you might need to do as well as what I have already suggested to to. It might also be a good idea, after you have upgraded the Kunena modules and plugins (and installed the missing modules and plugins that you need), to set the integration settings back to their initial default values and only change the parts of the Kunena configuration that you absolutely, essentially have to change. Life is so much easier if you choose the default path! ;)

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by PIC
Thanks for the update... I didnt realize that my modules were out of date, i see now that they are 1.7.1. I will install the 1.7.2 versions.

Also, you mentioned "and installed the missing modules and plugins you need." Am I missing a module or plugin?

Thanks,
Joel

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by PIC
Kunena Search Plug-in 1.7.2 Download
Kunena Discuss Plug-in 1.7.2 Download
Kunena Statistics Module 1.7.2 Download
Kunena Login Module 1.7.2 Download
Kunena Latest Module 1.7.2 Download
Kunena Search Module 1.7.2 Download
My Kunena Plug-in for JomSocial 1.7.1 Download
Kunena Menu Plug-in for JomSocial 1.7.1 Download
Kunena Groups Plug-in for JomSocial 1.7.1 Download
Kunena Forum Importer 1.7.1

These are the modules/plugins I see for download. Is there a description of what they do?

For example, "Kunena discuss plugin." I have no idea what this does or if its required for my site(or for JS integration).

I dont believe i need any of these modules or plugins for kunena to integrate with JS activities, as this is an option that is built into kunena(admin options).

Also, I have a feeling that updating my 3 modules will not improve the problem of not being able to comment of kunena activities.

Thanks,
Joel

More
11 years 11 months ago #7 by PIC
Also, just FYI, the only module im using out of the installed modules is "kunena latest".

Thanks,
Joel

More
11 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
I suggest that you visit the download page. As I mentioned before, I don't know what you need or what you don't need, exactly, except that I know there are special modules tailored to help Kunena integrate better with JomSocial that you might consider using and that might actually address your questions. I can't tell you any more than that.

Please edit your first post and change the subject. The word "official" in the subject makes me a little uncomfortable when I read it. Thanks. ;)

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled
Does the function that you're asking about exist and work here, at this website ( www.kunena.org )? :dry:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #10 by PIC
How would the function work here at Kunena.org when Kunena.org does not even use Jomsocial or have an activity stream? I think it's obvious that no, kunena.org does not use this function.

With that said, Kunena has been developed to integrate with Jomsocial. Kunena also has options in the backend to choose Jomsocial integration.

This feature(integration feature) of the Kunena forum component is not working correctly.

Thanks,
Joel

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds