Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena jomsocial integration not working

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11 by PIC
Okay we are getting off subject so let remind you all of the issue.

-Kunena has Jomsocial integration developed into the official component.
-One part of this integration is to allow Kunena forum post activity to show up in the Jomsocial activity stream.
-The Kunena forum post activity is showing up in the activity stream, but you cannot comment on it(even though there is a comment button). It appears to let you comment, but then when you refresh the page, the comment is gone.

Thanks,
Joel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #12 by sozzled

PIC wrote: How would the function work here at Kunena.org when Kunena.org does not even use Jomsocial or have an activity stream? I think it's obvious that no, kunena.org does not use this function ...

i don't know where you got that idea from because it's untrue. This site uses JomSocial and the activity stream is enabled. As far as I can tell, it works well.

I keep coming back to the subject, namely, "Kunena + JomSocial not working"and, because I don't know bananas from peanuts about JomSocial, what, specifically is not working and can we demonstrate the same inoperability here, at this website. I realize that I'm not the best person to try to answer this question - that's why I've called out for help from the rest of the community - but we, too, need your help to understand exactly what's the problem and how you have setup your site in order to deal with it.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #13 by PIC
The problem was stated above multiple times:

"
Kunena has Jomsocial integration developed into the official component.
-One part of this integration is to allow Kunena forum post activity to show up in the Jomsocial activity stream.
-The Kunena forum post activity is showing up in the activity stream, but you cannot comment on it(even though there is a comment button). It appears to let you comment, but then when you refresh the page, the comment is gone.
"

I dont know how much more blunt i can be. In a nutshell this is the problem:

"My users cannot comment on the jomsocial activity for a kunena post".

If anyone needs to replicate it, pilotincontrol.com. Log in with
username:demo
password:demo

Once logged in, on the homepage activity stream, you will see several activities that say "someone posted in the forum." There will be a comment button. Try to use it, and it wont work.

Thanks,
Joel

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #14 by PIC
"
Go to pilotincontrol.com to see the real activity, but heres an example:
User Name created a new topic RTF Blade mcpx for sale in the forum.
Selling my Blade mcpx. Has Rakon heli metal swash, extended boom mod with 2 spare booms, 12 batts(8-300mAh turnigys and 4 stock 200mAh), sr tail motor mod,...
Read More...
kunena.post 1 day ago • Comment
"

See the comment button above??? It doesnt save the comment you type. It looks like it works, but when u refresh the page, your comment is gone.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #15 by sozzled
Go to People here. Does it work here? Yes or no?
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16 by PIC
Oh, cool! didnt realize we had JS here.

No, it appears that kunena has disabled comments on posts in the activity stream.

As you can see on the page you mentioned above, it shows the kunena posts in the stream, and has a read more button, but does not have a "comment" button. This is a feature which must be enabled in the settings.

So, no, it's not working here because it's turned off.

Thanks,
Joel

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #17 by sozzled
I just used the feature myself, at this site, right before I asked the question (because I knew the answer).

You are missing something. It's my guess that you're missing the My Kunena Plug-infor JomSocial but, as 8've written before, I don't know what those things do. I have asked for one of my colleagues to hello you with this. Can you post your updated config. report to assist, please?

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #18 by PIC
The My Kunena plugin for jomsocial simply displays your kunena forum posts on your jomsocial profile. Doesn't help. There isn't an extra plugin download that I'm aware of required for this to work.

Also, how were you able to comment on the above kunena people link you provided? Because according to the attached images, mine has a comment button, and kunena's doesn't.

The comment button on my image below(pilotincontrol) is the one I've been referring to this entire thread. When you use that button, it appears to work, and then if you refresh the page it disappears.

Kunena People(no comment button)

Pilotincontrol(comment button)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 5000 seconds | Max execution memory: 400M | Max file upload: 1500M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_bigeasy | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.6 | creationdate: March 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by PIC.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #19 by PIC
btw, i havent updated the modules. They are only modules and only affect when I choose to use the modules. I am not using any of the above except for kunena latest, which is up to date(1.7.1 is the newest). I just updated Kunena Latest module(since im using it) and it is right here:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 5000 seconds | Max execution memory: 400M | Max file upload: 1500M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : yoo_bigeasy | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.6 | creationdate: March 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #20 by PIC
I found this thread. Do you understand what its saying?

www.jomsocial.com/support/answers.html?v...show&questionid=1022

Time to create page: 0.635 seconds