Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This is a community-driven self-help category to ask questions about designing or developing your own Kunena template. Please be aware that there are rules that apply to topics posted in this category:

Do not use this category for:
  • asking questions about a template that is not designed by the Kunena project team;
  • asking questions about how to make simple changes to a template designed by the Kunena project team (use K 2.0 Templates instead);
  • advertising your own template designs.

Topics that do not meet the above guidelines may be removed without notice

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question How To Change The Width Of My Forum Only?

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1 by Jakey Fantastic
Hi guys,

Forgive me for what i hoped was a straightforward task, but i'm having a little difficulty executing a new width for my forum.

Basically, i have a LightBreeze template on my Joomla (2.9) site & the latest version of Kunena matching this template.

But my issue is with the width of the template as shown below,

As you can see, it leans to the right & isn't central. When i run FireBug, i'm shown the template css & if i change the width to 950px (as opposed to it's current 740px) i get this result...

Sadly my joy is short lived as it changes all of my pages and not just the Kunena Forum. So (apologies if i've gone the long way in explaining this), is there any way to make this edit without interfering with any other pages of my template?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Jakey Fantastic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
As you know, the alignment of all your Joomla extensions is determined by he CSS rules defined in your Joomla site template. The K 2.0 Blue Eagle template is no exception to this rule.

That said, we do not know what CSS operates at your website - and therefore what advice to offer you - because we do not know the URL of your website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jakey Fantastic

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Jakey Fantastic

sozzled wrote: As you know, the alignment of all your Joomla extensions is determined by he CSS rules defined in your Joomla site template. The K 2.0 Blue Eagle template is no exception to this rule.

That said, we do not know what CSS operates at your website - and therefore what advice to offer you - because we do not know the URL of your website.

Apologies for the delay, i've had trouble with my host which is now thankfully resolved.

I would have left a link but my site is not viewable to guests unfortunately. But would this be of help?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : lightbreeze-yellow | author: Hurricane Media | version: 1.5 | creationdate: 2012-07-11

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 2.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

It's a strange one because having disabled some Menu items from displaying on the Kunena Forum page only, it's removed them from being visible, but left the space from which they were located.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
If we can't see the problem then we cannot help. Sorry.

My advice to you is to read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jakey Fantastic

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds