Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Custom Userlist for public viewing

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #1 by bigblue
Hopefully someone can help ?

My forum is for registered users only and can only be accessed by them. However, I would like to make the userlist available via a menu item (ie. Members) to the public - is this possible ?

Also, I have no experience of php, but if anyone has any ideas how I could customise this public viewable userlist to show all registered users, avatars etc. but with no profile links on the username. ie. a basic list of registered users. This would obviously need to be a different userlist to the one accessible from within the forum.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Thx
ps. surprised there isn't a module that can do this.. like the stats module only for the userlist with customisable edits for presentation etc..

SUPPORT KUNENA - The numero uno forum for Joomla !!
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by bigblue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

There is a setting to show userlist for guest or for registred users, check that first.

ps. surprised there isn't a module that can do this.. like the stats module only for the userlist with customisable edits for presentation etc..

this kind of module could be a good idea :)

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigblue

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by bigblue
Thx for this.. I'll check it out.

Appreciate the work you guys put in for everyone! It would be great to be able to customise this though, but php is beyond me ! Yes, a module to show the userlist would be great. My site is a gaming clan and we would like to show the member's roster to the public, but be able to check off what info we display of our members - and then customise css for it also.

More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by bigblue
Ok, I tried this and set the userlist for public access. Made an external link to it from the main menu and set it to public access. But it doesn't work, as the forum is set to registered users only - which is how I want it. ie. I don't want the public viewing the forum.
If anyone has any ideas how to get round this so that I can show the userlist to the public, then that would be great. Problem being, I need to remove the profile links from the list without affecting the userlist accessed by registered members from within the forum - which is why I think a separate userlist.php is needed just for public access, so that it can be customised. Like I said, I have no php skills but I'm sure there has to be a way to do this.
A Userlist Module is definitely the way forward, and one that is fully customisable for the user ie. enable/disable what details can be viewed, turn profile links on/off etc..
Thx

More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by xillibit
This is checked at another level, so it's the reason why it's doesn't work like i explained it before.

Look in kunena.php line 266, this need an another check to check if you want go to userlist :
Code:
} else if ($kunena_config->regonly && ! $kunena_my->id && $func !='userlist') { // if we only allow registered users if (file_exists ( KUNENA_JTEMPLATEPATH . '/css/kunena.forum-min.css' )) { CKunenaTools::addStyleSheet ( KUNENA_JTEMPLATEURL . '/css/kunena.forum-min.css' ); } else { CKunenaTools::addStyleSheet ( KUNENA_TMPLTCSSURL ); } echo '<div id="Kunena">'; $this->header = JText::_('COM_KUNENA_LOGIN_NOTIFICATION'); $this->body = JText::_('COM_KUNENA_LOGIN_FORUM'); CKunenaTools::loadTemplate('/login.php'); echo '</div>'; } else {

More
12 years 9 months ago #6 by bigblue
Aw great.. that works perfect..

Additionally, is there a similar way to check and remove both the user's profile links and online status - but ONLY for public ?

Fantastic stuff and appreciate your time with this.

More
12 years 9 months ago #7 by xillibit
You can add this kind of check :
Code:
if ($this->me->userid != 0) { // show profile link }

More
12 years 9 months ago #8 by bigblue
apologies.. php is beyond me - where do I put this line ?

More
12 years 9 months ago #9 by xillibit
In the file /components/com_kunena/template/default/userlist/userlist.php,

line 154 :
Code:
<?php if ($this->config->userlist_online || $this->me->userid != 0) : ?> <td class="kcol-mid"> <span class="kicon-button kbuttononline-<?php echo $profile->isOnline(true) ?>"><span class="online-<?php echo $profile->isOnline(true) ?>"><span><?php echo $profile->isOnline() ? JText::_('COM_KUNENA_ONLINE') : JText::_('COM_KUNENA_OFFLINE'); ?></span></span></span> </td> <?php endif; ?>

line 164 :
Code:
<?php if ($this->config->userlist_name || $this->me->userid != 0) : ?> <td class="kcol-mid"><?php echo CKunenaLink::GetProfileLink(intval($user->id), $this->escape($user->name)); ?></td> <?php endif; ?> <?php if ($this->config->userlist_username $this->me->userid != 0) : ?> <td class="kcol-mid"><?php echo CKunenaLink::GetProfileLink(intval($user->id), $this->escape($user->username)); ?></td> <?php endif; ?>

More
12 years 9 months ago #10 by bigblue
Changing this, I now get a 500 internal server error when accessing the userlist when either logged in or not logged in ?

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds