Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question custom "page" in kunena profile

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by voraistos
Hi! I need a user-defined text area in the kunena profile. (kind of like signature or personal text, but longer and only displays in profile).

I've made the necessary template change for both display and edit, hacked my way through a couple of files to write the custom text to the database....

However I can't display it. I can't find out how kunena pulls stuff off the db. I tried copying the method used for signature, but it doesn't work. Essentially I would like my data to end up in $this->profile->moreAboutMe (My db column is called "moreAboutMe"). I think I might have to "register" my modifications in some file (whatever deals with Kunenafactory::getUser. Can you help? thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by Matias
Kunena uses JTable class to pull all the fields from the database. What you need to do is to add your new field as class variable into TableKunenaUser clas (administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/tables/kunenauser.php)

After doing it you can just use the variable just like you described.
The following user(s) said Thank You: voraistos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds