Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question [SOLVED] Remove user's personal text

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #1 by Lili
Hello,

I've been trying for long time with this problem. I want to remove the signature on top right. I don't know why but it cannot show picture of signature...

As you see in picture the forum signature is ok on bottom but not on top right.

Where do I fin this code ?

Thanks a lot
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Lili.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Remove forum signature
G'day, Lili, and thank you for your question.

There are two ways that I know of to remove someone else's signature. The first way is to moderate the user (from the forum front end) and use the Ban User feature. But this also stops the account from using the site/forum and that may not be what you want to do.

The second way is to use the User Manager facility on the backend. Find the user's account, check the checkbox (under Basic Settings tab) Delete this signature.

I suppose you can always ask the user to remove her signature by having her edit her own Kunena profile.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by Lili
Replied by Lili on topic Re: Remove forum signature
Hi,

No I want to remove only the signature on top rigth (where the red X is) and I want to keep the one on bottom right.

It seems that the link in image doesn't work on top right. So I want to know which code I have to remove and infact I want to know the file where I can delete it...

Thanks

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Remove forum signature
I am guessing that the "signature" on the top right is not the user's signature but is the user's "personal text".

Administrators/moderators cannot edit a Kunena user's profile (they can only remove it) and really it's up to the person who owns the account to make those changes. For example, my "personal text" here at this forum is "I'm just a user mate" and the following picture shows how this is entered:

Ask the user to change their personal text and you'll see a difference. Experiment with the feature yourself (on your own account) to see what I mean. :)
Attachments:

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by Lili
Hello,

My problem is probably in template because I want to keep the signatures but they appear wrong (don't show the picture of link) on the top right. But on the bottom left they are perfect. So I will search in templates and make tests.

Bye

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by Lili
Hi,

I fixed it !! :cheer: I will explain in case somebody needs it.

1. I opened the file /components/com_kunena/template/default/view/profile.horizontal.php

2. Around line 36 I deleted this :

<?php if ($this->personaltext) : ?>
<li class="kpost-personal">
<?php echo KunenaParser::parseText($this->personaltext) ?>
</li>
<?php endif ?>

Save and reupload and it's working !

Hope it helps

Problem SOLVED :woohoo:

Have a great day

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
What you have done is to remove the display of a user's personal text. :(
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #8 by Lili
Hi,

Yes I know that is what I wanted to do :) They still have their signature on bottom and it is just fine

:) So I am happy

Thanks and have a great day !
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Lili.
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds