Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Attachment Image Not Resized

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #1 by vvolf69
titel says it all. i bought a so called "professional" theme on templatekuna.com and there is no support, no documentation about the theme. unfortunately the theme is full of bugs. for the books it´s the A1 theme. i worked my way through numerous bugs including a bunch of css garbage and bad codings. i got it managed to fix all the bugs which took me two day but there is one bug left...

when you upload an image via attachement it is displayed in the post. in case the image is larger than the templates width the image will be resized and the full image is displayed via lightbox. that´s how it should work and how it goes when i use the default template. well exactly here is my problem when using the A1 template. when attaching an image wider than the template it´s not resized to match the templates width. instead it is cut off. seems that the function which resizes the image isn´t called or called properly by the template.

could you guys please lead me into the right direction by telling me how the function is named and where exactly it is called!???

as said i use the A1 template, latest kunena (1.6.3) and latest joomla 1.5.23. everything else is working without any problems and i can outrule any trouble with javascrtipt.

thank you very much in advance for your time and your help. much apreciated!

greetz vvolf69/jimmy
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by vvolf69.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
I empathise with the difficulties that you are having but, as we have consistently stated, templates that are are not developed by the Kunena project are also not supported by the Kunena project. As far as possible, the Kunena project provides general guidance and advice that can assist users or third-party developers to build their own templates but if people encounter problems with those things it is outside the scope of the Kunena project to analyse, diagnose and correct any defects in such "products". Further, we cannot interfere with legal relationships that may exist between other developers and their customers.

In such cases, even though you say you are not obtaining satisfactory support from a certain third-party developer, I can only suggest that you attempt to resolve the matter with that company.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by vvolf69
m8.... :( you disappoint me ;) i know that you guys don´t support 3rd party templates. i wouldn´t do this either tho... however, i´m not requesting you guys fixing this and i´m not requesting that someone of you guys should look into the 3rd party template. the only thing i´m asking is how this works in default template to lead me into the right direction. :)

about your suggestion... trust me i have tried that but it´s simply impossible to work this out with a non-existing support. several douzens of user go through the same as i do now over on templatekunena. btw. templatekuna.com is recommended by the kunena project in your extension directory and they share your brand name. there are 3 comments and two are made by the owners of templatekunena.com on your site. officially recommending an extension or template which isn´t working by a company which officially shares your brand name, which offers no support, has no documentation and which is sold by a company which cheats his customers isn´t making you guys look good too. i have reported this to you as well as i have written a comment. may be you check it out and check out also the forums on kunenatemplate.com to see whats going on and may be you remove their stuff from your extension directory. just my two cents.

demo16.kunena.com/ked/templates/29

however, i please you guys one more time. i have spent countless hours on kunena forums and i was always happy with it. your forums and your support as well as the whole project is really great. i really apreciate your work. all i´m asking for is to tell me where the function for image resizing is called in the default template and how it looks. than i will know in which direction i have to go. thanks in advance! :)

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
I can only tell you that the presentation of forum messages is usually performed by ../components/com_kunena/template/default/view/message.php but, as I have no knowledge of how this third party-developed template was constructed, I don't know if where, specifically, is the call to the function you're looking for. :unsure:
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by severdia

vvolf69 wrote: templatekuna.com is recommended by the kunena project in your extension directory and they share your brand name.

The Kunena Project does not endorse any template maker just like the Joomla Project doesn't endorse any template maker. Extensions in our directory are only provided for the benefit of Kunena users.

They do NOT "share our brand." They have applied to use the Kunena trademark (like anyone else who wants to use the Kunena name in a product or service). Part of their application being accepted is to add the footer on their website:

TemplateKunena.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Kunena Project. The Kunena name and logo is used under a limited license granted by the Kunena Project the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.

So just because they've been granted a limited license to use our trademark, it doesn't mean they are affiliated with the Kunena Project.

vvolf69 wrote: there are 3 comments and two are made by the owners of templatekunena.com on your site. officially recommending an extension or template...

There is a "Report" link next to each review on the extension directory. Rating/reviewing one's own extensions/templates is strictly forbidden and is potential grounds for removal. If you see any extension that violates our TOS ( www.kunena.org/ked/tos ) please report the issue ASAP.

vvolf69 wrote: i have reported this to you as well as i have written a comment. may be you check it out and check out also the forums on kunenatemplate.com to see whats going on and may be you remove their stuff from your extension directory. just my two cents.

demo16.kunena.com/ked/templates/29

That is our demo site for Kunena 1.6, It's not an actual working site and the content there gets refreshed/overwritten with the content from the main site. You should be using the main site here:

www.kunena.org/ked

vvolf69 wrote: however, i please you guys one more time. i have spent countless hours on kunena forums and i was always happy with it. your forums and your support as well as the whole project is really great. i really apreciate your work. all i´m asking for is to tell me where the function for image resizing is called in the default template and how it looks. than i will know in which direction i have to go. thanks in advance! :)

If you want help, it's best not to come out with these wild accusations first. It doesn't motivate people to help you. There is no official support for Kunena and these are community support forums. Kunena uses mediabox/slimbox to display images and I believe what you're looking for is in /lib/kunena.image.class.php.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by vvolf69

severdia wrote: ...

i apreciate your feedback. :)

i´m only a user to kunena. i didn´t say you are affiliated to kunenatemplate.com. i said they use your brandname and that their products are recommended by the kunena project. that implies a kind of relationship to me. i have no knowledge about your internal structures or your bussiness agreements. as said i´m only a user. also i have no clue about your server structure. i simply followed the link on top of this page.

however, i will of course report it again on your live site. if i missed something here i apologize for that. i made no accusation in your direction nor did i made any "wild" accusations. i only explained what happened to me and i asked for help. i know that you don´t support 3rd party extensions and that i have to go through this on my own. i dont´t have deeper knowledge about the kunena code and i´m not a programmer. i bought a professional template with support which was recommended by kunena because of that reason as my intention was to avoid explicit this kind of trouble. may be you understand that i´m pissed cause i lost some money, template subscriptions for a year aren´t that cheap and i´m also frustrated because i now have to work myself through tons of code which is mostly like chinese to me.

again, thanks for your help. now i at least know where to search. :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by severdia

vvolf69 wrote: i´m only a user to kunena. i didn´t say you are affiliated to kunenatemplate.com. i said they use your brandname and that their products are recommended by the kunena project. that implies a kind of relationship to me.

No, you are wrong. They have a limited license to use our name. Their products are NOT recommended or endorsed by the Kunena Project. The Kunena Project doesn't endorse any third-party products.

vvolf69 wrote: i have no knowledge about your internal structures or your bussiness agreements. as said i´m only a user. also i have no clue about your server structure. i simply followed the link on top of this page.

Then you shouldn't make claims that have no basis in fact.

vvolf69 wrote: i bought a professional template with support which was recommended by kunena....

Again, your template was NOT recommended by Kunena—just like Joomla itself isn't recommended by or responsible for Kunena. Just because you keep repeating that phrase doesn't make it true.

vvolf69 wrote: because of that reason as my intention was to avoid explicit this kind of trouble. may be you understand that i´m pissed cause i lost some money, template subscriptions for a year aren´t that cheap and i´m also frustrated because i now have to work myself through tons of code which is mostly like chinese to me.

Sorry to hear about your experience. We always encourage people to take normal precautions when purchasing template and extensions. The only thing we can recommend to do it try to get the company to make it right. But if they don't, we only have limited recourse so it's best you try and resolve that with the company themselves.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by Matias
Image resizing to fit into template is done inside template itself. There is no function in Kunena that does it -- it's a CSS rule, which sets max-width for images. What you need to do is to find a suitable CSS rule to do it.

Kunena project has no deals with commercial add-ons and currently we get no money from any of them. They are just some personal projects and supported by those people. If you don't get support, please give negative feedback in KED, so that others will know what they get for the money.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds