Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena hide signitures from unregistered users

• C0n
  • C0n's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by C0n
I was woundering if it is possible to hide forum signitures from unregistered members.
Code:
$kunena_my = &JFactory::getUser(); if ($kunena_my->id==0) { // Hide signiture from non registered users } else { // The code for the signiture to be displayed }

I just need help locating the file in kunena that tells it to display the user's signiture if anyone knows or can tell me were that is ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by GoremanX
components/com_kunena/template/default/view/message.actions.php

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by C0n
Code:
<div class="kmsgsignature"> <?php $kunena_my = &JFactory::getUser (); if ($kunena_my->id == 0) { } else { echo $this->signatureHtml } ?> </div>

Hmm now i have encountered a new issue when ever i seem to change the code it seems to break the forum.

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by Jake405
I do not think that this is possible, the reason being it would most likely mess everything up in the template of the part of the signature area.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled
You can use BBcode in your signature.

Because you can use BBcode in your signature, you can use the "hide" tag.

Because you can use the "hide" tag, you can create a signature that looks like this:
Code:
[hide]Here is my signature, including my image(s) if I want.[/hide]
I haven't tested it, but it should work. Try it out here for yourself.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by C0n
I should of made myself more clear, I wish for ALL USERS signitures to be hidden from unregistered members without setting the forum into registered members only.

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
If you would like to pay for this extended functionality to be implemented as a standard feature of Kunena, I will ask the project team to see what they can do for you. :)

You have the ability (as I have explained above) in the current version of Kunena to do this on a user-by-user basis. There is no ability to do this across-the-board for all users.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by C0n

sozzled wrote: If you would like to pay for this extended functionality to be implemented as a standard feature of Kunena, I will ask the project team to see what they can do for you. :)

You have the ability (as I have explained above) in the current version of Kunena to do this on a user-by-user basis. There is no ability to do this across-the-board for all users.

Sure why not :D

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #9 by C0n
I finaly got this working i did it using a template override but in the kunena core.

You must edit components/com_kunena/template/defualt/view/message.actions.php

And change the code
Code:
<?php if ($this->signatureHtml) : ?> <div class="kmsgsignature"> <?php echo $this->signatureHtml ?> </div> <?php endif ?>

To this
Code:
<?php $user =& JFactory::getUser(); if($user->get('guest') == 1) : ?> <div class="kmsgsignature"> </div> <?php endif; ?> <?php if($user->get('guest') == 0) : ?> <?php if ($this->signatureHtml) : ?> <div class="kmsgsignature"> <?php echo $this->signatureHtml ?> </div> <?php endif; ?> <?php endif ?>
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by C0n.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds