Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Loved Hack poll v0.3.2.2 for Kunena 1.5.12 and 1.0.11

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #421 by shaun.reid
Hi Guys I have updated the Database and loaded the files and cant create pols? the forum is behaving like it did before do I need to do something in the config? I Can see the hack in the backend it looks like this.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by shaun.reid. Reason: additional info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #422 by xillibit
Hello,

You have two possibilities :

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #423 by TinaFitz
I am having a similar problem and go to the link in the post but it keeps coming back to the stated problem - I have Kunena 1.5.6 and Joomla 1.5.11. I can set up the back end, selected a couple categories but get nothing on the front end.

I don't want to upgrade to Kunena 1.6 because of my version of Joomla - I started upgrading Joomla yesterday and it started a can of worms.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by TinaFitz.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #424 by sozzled
G'day, Tina, and welcome to Kunena.

--- off-topic --- >>>>

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems upgrading Joomla from 1.5.11 to 1.5.20 - I might be able to help you a little with that.

I'm not sure what help we can give you at the moment in sorting out your current issues with K 1.5.6. Even K 1.5.12 (the latest stable release) needs J! 1.5.15 as a minimum. So, we have to get you to that version of Joomla before anything else can happen.

If you're interested and if you think I may be able to help, please send me a PM. It would be easier if we could discuss your specific matters via Skype, to salvage the best possible outcome.

<<<

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #425 by TinaFitz
I now have the ability to create a thread and a poll within my configuration (J1.5.11 and K1.5.6) but I don't get the option buttons in order to vote. Please see attachment.

The problems with the upgrade for J1.5.11 to J1.5.20 have to do with Community Builder. I support this site on a very volunteer basis and do not want to get into figuring out all the problems related to an upgrade and all the various extensions.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by TinaFitz.

More
13 years 7 months ago #426 by xillibit
Hello,

You need to use the latest version of the hack (0.3.2.2) with 1.5.12, because the older versions are a bit broken or you can upgrade to kunena 1.6, and you will have not need of this hack.

More
13 years 7 months ago #427 by deshivoicechat

xillibit wrote: Hello,

You need to use the latest version of the hack (0.3.2.2) with 1.5.12, because the older versions are a bit broken or you can upgrade to kunena 1.6, and you will have not need of this hack.

sir,
it work with 1.6.0?

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #428 by xillibit
This hack doesn't work with k1.6 and has no purpose with k1.6, because the polls are integrated natively in k1.6.

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by xillibit.

More
13 years 6 months ago #429 by dimonju
Hi,

Due to some incompatibilities I cannot upgrade to K 1.6 but badly require the polls functionality. Therefore I downloaded this hack ( xillibit.perso.sfr.fr/ftp/hack_poll_v0.3.2.2_K1.5.12.zip ).

1) Excuse my ignorance, but how do I install it? The readme within the zip file is not very helpful.

2) I'm currently using Joomla 1.5.20 and Kunena 1.5.9. I also using a custom template for Kunena. Will this hack work for my versions and with a custom template?

More
13 years 6 months ago #430 by xillibit
Hello,

1°) Just replace the files provided in archive in your Kunena install.
2°) I advise you to upgrade to Kunena 1.5.12, because the latest version of the hack works with this version. In your custom template, you need to change the file view.php to support the hack, look how it's done in components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/view.php line 349.

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds