Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Solved Display a User's Avatar Image

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by Winuser
As far as I know, Joomla doesn't support a user image, so what is the code to retrieve the user's avatar data from the Kunena profile?

Using JUMI, I am going to display the avatar in a module after the user signs in to Joomla.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by Winuser
Why is this moved to "off-topic" ? Is it specific to a Kunena asset, for Christ sake. The only person who could reasonably answer it is a Kunena developer.

It is a template/design question that involves the KUNENA SYSTEM, the KUNENA LIBRARY, and the KUNENA TABLES--if that's where the image data is stored.
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #3 by Matias
I think that the topic was accidentally moved by someone who misread your message.

Displaying avatar works like this:

$kuser = KunenaFactory::getUser($id);
$url = $kuser->getAvatarUrl($sizex, $sizey);
$link = $kuser->getAvatarLink($class, $sizex, $sizey);

Also read how to detect Kunena from our wiki (under developers section).
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Matias.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C0n
More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
I was the person who moved this topic from the K 1.7 Templates and Design category where it was originally posted and into the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category. In my opinion, the topic was unsuitable for the K 1.7 Templates and Design category which is where people may ask questions about how to use the supported templates - there's only one supported template for K 1.7, by the way - such as if they're having difficulty accommodating their template into their existing Joomla website. There was nothing "accidental" in my action and I make no apology for doing my best to try to properly classify where questions like these belong.

The question does relate to Kunena, of course. When we receive requests along the lines of "I want to use Kunena in ways other than how it was developed as a forum component for Joomla" it's a challenge for us who moderate the forum to know how best we can classify the topic so that it will receive the right kind of attention.

Perhaps the Miscellaneous, off-topic and general Joomla category might have been the wrong place to put the topic; I'm unsure where this topic belongs because it's outside what relates to to any one particular version of Kunena. We do our best, as I have written, but that does not mean that people can storm into the forum with howls of indignant protest when we occasionally make an error of judgement.

@Winuser: I would like you to consider what I've written and to think yourself fortunate that someone was generous enough to address your question.
More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by Winuser
Sorry, but there's nothing generous about dissing my question and moving it into an area of obscurity.

Matias's reply was generous and useful; yours (Sozzled) is very arrogant and indicative of a "you should kiss my ass because it's free" mentality that will doom Kunena if left unchecked. Trust me.

If you don't believe me, look at how much text you wrote defending yourself without contributing anything to this topic. The only thing you contributed to was YOURSELF. Don't ever instruct me to be "grateful" like that again.

Be grateful for this: my own answer to the problem, which I will 'graciously' add to the knowledge base here. [Yes, I am being sarcastic to make a point.]

So, when my post disappeared and I realized I would never get a response, I had the idea to look at the login module, because I saw that it displays the avatar. A few minutes of studying and hacking and I figured out what lines of code were needed.

Thus, for anyone with a similar question or interest, I can recommend using the login module as a coding reference. And of course Matias' information will get you started, too.
More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Glad to hear that you solved your problem.
Time to create page: 0.567 seconds