Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question mod_kunena_popular

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by andrewm57
mod_kunena_popular was created by andrewm57
I've used & loved this component on several 1.5 sites, especially since Kunena doesn't seem to get that it's useful. I just tried it on a new 1.7 site, and it works sorta. The Details & Menu section works, but the Parameters section is AWOL. Any chance of an update?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : rt_tachyon_j16 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: June 14, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: mod_kunena_popular
Thank you for your question about the Kunena "Popular Threads" module that I wrote a couple of years ago for K 1.5.4. :blush:

When you look at the release notes for K 1.7.1 you will see this important point:

andrewm57 wrote: I've used & loved this component on several 1.5 sites ...

You must mean Kunena 1.5. You cannot use the module with K 1.7 at all; it just won't work! You cannot use this module on J! 1.7.3 (that explains why the parameters are missing.

I wrote the module because it was a fun thing to do at the time. I knew that, when I wrote it, it probably would not work forever but I had no real plans or incentive to update it. I still don't.

It shouldn't be too difficult to update the software so that it ran on J! 1.7.3 but, as I've written, I don't have any incentive to do that now.

By the way, you're using an old version of Kunena. Please update it.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrewm57

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by andrewm57
Replied by andrewm57 on topic Most Popular suggestion
Could you add a Most Popular output, similar to what was in the 3rd party mod_kunena_popular?

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
With K 2.0 just around the corner, I don't feel like building something like that at this time. Sorry, no. Unless, of course, you want to pay for it? :dry:

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by andrewm57
Replied by andrewm57 on topic Re: mod_kunena_popular
My apologies, too many windows open, I *really* thought I'd posted this in the official KunenaLatest forum.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
You did post your request in the Kunena Latest (M) category (please read the category description). Wrong category. I've moved it here. There is nothing "official" about the mod_kunena_popular module. I wrote it because I wanted to but it was never an official add-on for K 1.5. But it should be easy for anyone to modify it so that it would work with K 1.7 and J! 1.7.

More
12 years 4 months ago #7 by andrewm57
I am aware it's not official. How do I make an official request that the functionality be added to Kunena Latest?

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
Let me make sure that I understand exactly what you mean here. You are asking for some kind of "most-viewed" topics option to be added to the Kunena Latest module as an official request. Is that correct?

We get a lot of ideas suggested by users. Very few of those suggestions are official requests for the project to do something; they're just ideas that the project team take on board for the future. Some of those ideas make their way into the supported releases of Kunena (or Kunena add-ons) and some of them don't. That's what happens when anyone makes a suggestion: you can accept it or reject it.

However when someone makes an official request, this usually means that someone not only wants or needs something but that they're also willing to financially sponsor the development of that something. An official request requires an official response.

Have I correctly understood what you mean by your desire to make an official request?

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #9 by andrewm57
Depends on what 'financially sponsor' entails. I love the functionality, I've used it extensively, have a new site with J1.7 & K1.7 (probable upgrade to 2) I could use it on, think it should be an option for Kunena Latest, and am willing to donate/support to the level I'd consider appropriate for other Joomla components/subscriptions - maybe $25-50.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by andrewm57.

More
12 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
I will pass your offer along to the development team.

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds