Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Adding a custom script (where?)

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by polki
Hi everyone,
I'm using the version 1.6.5 of Kunena

I'd like to add this script :
<script type="text/javascript" src=" db.darthhater.com/js/extooltips.js ">
to every post that user will create.

This script is used as follow :
when a user type in this :
<a href=" db.darthhater.com/items/42849/corsos_prototype_rifle/ ">Corso's Prototype Rifle

it will display a tooltip when mouse hovering the name "Corso's Prototype Rifle" ( its an item in a game )
showing the stats and description of it.

For more explanations : db.darthhater.com/syndication.aspx#tooltips

The other thing i'd like to do is to create a new button ( a BBCode button for example ) that when u clic it, users can insert the link of the item ( db.darthhater.com/items/42849/corsos_prototype_rifle/ )

and the code "<a href="LINK"></a> will be auto-created by the button

So user just have to insert the link of the item.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

I just dunno where to put this script.
And for the button, i've made lots of researches but posts were 2 years old
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by polki.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by Matias
Just add the script into your main template; you shouldn't add it into every message.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3 by polki
Hi,

thanks for ur answer

This is what i made :

(i followed this thread because its exactly the same thing but with a different script www.kunena.org/forum/144-k-15-hacks-tric...de?limit=10&start=10 )

added : <script type="text/javascript" src=" db.darthhater.com/js/extooltips.js ">
in the view.php in /site/components/com_kunena/template/default/view ( maybe i missplaced it ? )

added : <script type="text/javascript" src=" db.darthhater.com/js/extooltips.js ">
in the index.php in /site/templates/mytemplate right after <head>

Now when i open a new post, i paste this code :
<a href=" db.darthhater.com/abilities/815/channel_hatred/ ">Channel Hatred
i press "Post"

Normally it should be like this :

Channel Hatred ( when u mouseover it, u see a tooltip )

This is what i get :
<a href="db.darthhater.com/abilities/815/channel_hatred/">Channel Hatred</a>

When i mouseover the red part ( yes the URL and the word Channel are linked ) i get my tooltip.

But afaik, we cant put html code in Kunena posts, so i think that's why it still show the <a href></a> part
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by polki.

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled

polki wrote: But afaik, we cant put html code in Kunena posts, so i think that's why it still show the <a href></a> part

No, you can't put HTML code in Kunena posts. See [Merged topic] WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags?

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by polki
ok thanks but how comes that these people successfully made it ?
www.kunena.org/forum/144-k-15-hacks-tric...de?limit=10&start=10

it was 2 years ago

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
As you say, that was 2 years ago and a dozen versions of Kunena ago. I only made one contribution to that topic and I basically wrote then what I just written to you today.

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds