Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Location of Ebay Widget code ?

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by larbut
The ebay item id given is invalid, no result has been sentVersion: Kunena 1.6.3

I am looking for the code for the tags. I.e. where the code sent to ebay is defined.
Can anyone help me locate it?

Thanks,
Lars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by larbut
Thank you, but I still can't find what I am looking for.
I want to change the script that the [ebay] tag is using when sending requests to ebay. To be specific, I want to add the an affiliate code to the widget.

Do you know how to do this?

-Lars

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by larbut
Anyone?
I have searched all files (I believe) related to Kunena, but I am still unable to find where to modify the Ebay BBcode.

-Lars

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by xillibit
Hello,

All bbcodes are parsed in the file : \components\com_kunena\lib\kunena.parser.php

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago #6 by larbut
Ok, thanks, found it.
Is it correct what I see that there is already a Ebay affiliate link built into Kunena as default?

-Lars

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by Matias
Yes, Kunena has [ebay] tag.

More
12 years 4 days ago #8 by sunny33days
Hi, can I asked if you fixed this and how did you put your own affiliate code in it? Also, do you know if this code uses nofollow links? I heard dofollow affiliate links can hurt your site's rankings.

More
12 years 3 days ago #9 by Matias
You put the code inside the tag. It's using the code that Ebay asks to use (although a bit old version, modified that in K2.0). You can also give just link, but as I checked it 2 weeks ago, they had changed their links. So it's going to work only in Kunena 2.0.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #10 by wdwms98
I'll be the whistle blower on this and tell you why there is no built in Affiliate ID in Kunena..

Kunena has been profiting off all of our installs, inside kuena.parser.php you will find all the ebay code. They've have quietly snuck in: campid=5336042350 into all the ebay links. That is, that is their campaign ID. So essentially nearly EVERY kunena install in the world makes Kunena money.

Glad i found it, and i'm changing it to my own code now.. sneaky if you ask me..

On top of that Kunena is not keeping up with ebay, their code for links is way out of date.. sad..
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by wdwms98.

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds