Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Gender, Birthday, Location, Website icons in forum

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by mmcdermott1
I have only the gender icon but it's always a male icon regardless of what is set in the user profile. Also, the birthday, location, and website icons are not visible.

www.chiligrower.com and you can go into forums and see what I mean. I am sure this is an oversight on my part but cannot figure out. I have searched this in this forum and on google but have not found an answer.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 96M | Max file upload: 24M

Joomla default template details : redevo_aphelion | author: Red Evolution | version: 1.1.0.7 | creationdate: 19/11/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.4 | UddeIm 2.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
You can change the gender by changing your Kunena user profile. However, because you are probably using Community Builder for your user profiles, you need to find a way to create a CB gender field and map it to Kunena. This is more of a CB issue than a Kunena issue but it's not really too difficult to do.

Likewise you can map the CB website and CB location fields to Kunena. Your issue is given more treatment in Cannot integrate CB custom fields to Kunena using cb.simpleboardtab plugin .

In future, when you post questions to this forum, it helps everyone if you look carefully at the category you are posting to. Your last three topics were all sent to the General Talk about Kunena category which is not really appropriate for the purposes that you wanted. I have moved this topic to a more suitable category for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcdermott1, cbusca

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by mmcdermott1

sozzled wrote: You can change the gender by changing your Kunena user profile. However, because you are probably using Community Builder for your user profiles, you need to find a way to create a CB gender field and map it to Kunena. This is more of a CB issue than a Kunena issue but it's not really too difficult to do.

Likewise you can map the CB website and CB location fields to Kunena. Your issue is given more treatment in Cannot integrate CB custom fields to Kunena using cb.simpleboardtab plugin .

In future, when you post questions to this forum, it helps everyone if you look carefully at the category you are posting to. Your last three topics were all sent to the General Talk about Kunena category which is not really appropriate for the purposes that you wanted. I have moved this topic to a more suitable category for you.

Thanks.
As far as where I posted, I posted in the Kunena 1.6 support area. I looked at where you moved it too and I didnt assume it was any kind of third party option, extension, module, or plugin (or anything to do with CB. I assumed it was an issue or setting within Kunena which is why I posted where I posted.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Set Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and User List = Kunena.

You can now easily change the gender icon, location, birth date and other things used in the forum.

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by DuckJunkie
Oddly, some of our users have icons and some do not. I just can't figure out why... Is there something I am missing or is this a glitch? . :blink:

I have tried changing Configuration>Integration>Profiles and User List to auto detect and Kunena (clearing Joomla and browser cache in between) and it doesn't change anything.

If it's a glitch, do you have ideas?
If it's related to template, is there a way the next update could include parameters that would allow us to show the location, gender, etc icons without having to hack the template?
Could be added under Forum Configuration>User where you can select to show karma, stats, etc.

Legacy mode: Enabled Template:JA_Purity
Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5
Third-party components: JomSocial 2.2.4
Third-party SEF components: sh404SEF
Attachments:

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #6 by John
Maybe too obvious but ok: Did they fill their profile? If they don't fill the fields, the icons don't show
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by John.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by DuckJunkie
Considering the first example is a friend who says he doesn't know what he is doing online (so I have access to his login, etc for testing this) and the second example is me.... I know that both profiles have all information filled out... ;) But thanks for the guess John!

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds