Kunena 5.2 RC3 Released (29 Nov 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the third public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC3 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Kunena PM with Jomsocial

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by tgotch
I am looking for a way to have Kunena show my users they have a new PM while browsing forums. I currently have Jomsocial PM activated. I have searched here, and can't find a solution. Some here have suggested hello_me, but this is not what I want. I want a simple indicator such as a small icon beside the "private message" link in Kunena.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2 by GoremanX
I'm pretty sure the current Kunena shows a user that he has new messages in the login/profile box at the top of the Index page. At least this works out of the box for me, but I use uddeIM for private messaging. You may have to enable that integration in the backend, under the Integration tab.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by franch
Replied by franch on topic Re: Kunena PM with Jomsocial
Same problem for me.
I've found a solution, it works fine : www.x5soft.com/products/real-time-notify...system-for-jomsocial

More
9 years 9 months ago #4 by tgotch
Replied by tgotch on topic Re: Kunena PM with Jomsocial

franch wrote: Same problem for me.
I've found a solution, it works fine : www.x5soft.com/products/real-time-notify...system-for-jomsocial

Thanks will look into it.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds