Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Problems with jomsocial profile type and Kunena

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #1 by bahando
Hi all,

I use Kunena 1.6.2 with Joomla 1.5.2.2. Besides that I use Jomsocial and Jomsocial profile types to handle my registrations etc.

Untill recently that went pretty smooth, however now it appears that Kunena does not recognize the rights given to new users through jomsocial/jomsocial profile types.

I have no idea what caused my otherwise wellfunctioning system to suddenly fall appart. I did not install any new modules/extensions or upgrade Joomla/jomsocial to a new version.

The current issue:
A new user that signs up for a primary group is after admin confirmation automatically granted publisher rights through jomsocial profil types. However, while the user is correctly listed with publisher rights when viewing the user in the joomla/users, Kunena/users and Jomsocial/users, the user does not gain acces to the part of the forum that requires more than registered rights!

The quick solution has so far been to grant all my users global moderation rights (it's not that big a site and I trust my users), which gives them acces to all of the forum. However this should not be necessary and sort of removes the benifits of having jomsocial profile types to automatically allocate rights, seeing how these rights dont work in Kunena anyways.

So I guess what I am asking is:

- Is there some sort of adjustment I need to make in Kunena in order to adapt the rights granted through jomsocial profile types?

/cheers and thank you for reading
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by bahando.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds