- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 3
Kunena 6.0.8 Released (17 Jan 2023)
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.0.8 [K 6.0.8] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.2.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.0 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 6.0.
Question JomSocial and Kunena user profile data synchronization with forum settings
I wrote system plugin and additional JomSocial field type, that should help to integrate user profiles between JomSocial and Kunena.
Example JomSocial fields:
Example system plugin configuration:
Example completed form:
And effect on Kunena profile:
Of course, this is two-way synchronization. OK, how to install it?
First unpack community_fields to components/com_community/libraries/fields, next install plg_system_jomsocialkunenasync. After install I suggest add, configure or update JomSocial fields, but at the beginning is an optional. You must configure system plugin to works.
This is prerelease version of community fields and system plugin, You shouldn't install on public site. Please, test it and report bugs and suggestions.
* separated php code to separate classes
* changed the names of several methods and plugin params
* improved condition in event for Kunena to JomSocial synchronization
* added language strings for plugin configuration (description of params)
* php code is documented now
* anything else?
1.0RC2 had a problem with the installation, so solved and updated to 1.0RC3...
This version is not backward compatible, You should reconfigure system plugin, but community fields not. Please check my English in language file!
* user data is not synchronize during JomSocial registration process (I'm not 100% sure, because on public site such problem exists, but on my test site works fine, so I will check it)
I will fix it soon.
I'm interested to integrate more the Kunena and JomSocial in my website.
Hope you're ok there. How's your plugin doin?
still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile