Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Re: Clicking "Private Messages" link sends me to my profile, not an inbox

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by TauxFu
Well, it appears so. I probably ignorantly assumed that I did not need to install another component and I might need to.

I have Community Builder Installed and the Private Message System plugin is active/published. From the back end it LOOKS like it should work.

I know I'm trying to build Rome in a day with all these little nitpicky things but this one is driving me the battiest i think. Outside my forum menu refusing to appear on any forum page except the entry page.

Also, Did I post this question in the wrong place? :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thanks for your reply.

No, you didn't post your question to the wrong place - because we had no way of knowing whether you have installed a private message system or not - but now that you have answered that you have installed the Community Builder private messaging system, I have moved your question to a different category. I mean, I am assuming that you have properly installed and configured the CB PMS.

I've never used the CB PMS and I don't know anything about it. I think that you might get a quicker response to your questions about how to implement CB PMS if you ask your question at Joomlapolis . I am also sure that there will be some users who will be interested in what you find out. Could you please post an update on what information you obtain about the CB PMS for Kunena users?

Thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by TauxFu
Will do. I asked there a while before I asked here. The question still has no page views. I'll get on it tomorrow.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by TauxFu
Ok, I posted the exact same message over in the CB forums and this was the reply I recieved

Have you followed all steps in the CB Installation guide?
Did you create a public menu item to CB?
Did you create a menu item for your PMS component?

Sounds like you have not properly configured the CB Messaging (integration) plugin.

This made me feel like a complete loser moron who couldn't wipe my own nose.
Another reason I am weary about posting requests for help - because I just make a total butt of myself. My experience with the forums here @ Kunena have been totally different, pleasant and friendly which has been a wonderful surprise that I would like to thank you all for.

Anyway, I solved the problem and this is my reply post to the CB Admin, outlining how I resolved it.

CB is installed properly, I have a functioning CB menu.
(At least before I read this message and ransacked my whole site in search of some configuration error on my part)

The private messaging system plugin, in CB Plugin Manager(pms.mypmspro)was published.
The "private messages" link was showing up and clickable in my forum menu as it should have. (As it is on all sites who use CB) It was just sending me to my profile instead of an inbox. I could not find an inbox component anywhere.

Sounds like you have not properly configured the CB Messaging (integration) plugin.

It appeared that I had, I thought I was possibly missing a vital plugin to make that connection between "Private Message" link and "Inbox" work. Which is why I posted my question here. Thinking it would be a simple solution for something I had just overlooked, but that would be obvious to those who were experienced with CB.

Now after making such a mess in my site and being on the verge of uninstalling everything and starting over from scratch, I decided to Google my question and the CB plugin name: pms.mypmspro

PEBCAK. Found my answer.

I Ignorantly assumed the Private Messaging System component was packaged with CB
(I kept seeing Plugin Name: Private Messaging System Status: Published Type: User Directory: pms.mypmspro and thought that was it, the thing i needed to make this work, when it fact that was only the integration plugin)

Yes, I am braindead.

I installed UddeIM after realizing it was a separate entity. Problem solved.

I apologize for asking such a ridiculous question.

(I think im going to stay away from forums forever now :unsure: )

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have an enjoyable time with Joomlapolis. As I mentioned before, I don't have any personal familiarity of the CB PMS software and therefore did not feel properly equipped to advise you. I had a suspicion that CB used some third-party software. Your latest message confirms this.

My only experience in using a PMS component with Kunena has been uddeIM. I don't have any problems with that.

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds