Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Jawards

More
12 years 10 months ago #31 by Lodder
Replied by Lodder on topic Re: Jawards
You can get an automated awards thing with Alpha User Points but this is only when you reach a certain amount of points. Other than that I dont think there are any other award systems for joomla that provide what you need.

Unless you are a skilled coder, you´re pretty much stuck.

I am no skilled coder myself by I would have thought if you look at the coding for when you move up a rank because you have reached a certain amount of posts on the forum, you could maybe use that for jawards but I have no clue as to where you would add it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
12 years 10 months ago #32 by C0n
Replied by C0n on topic Re: Jawards
Although since that code you provided is a hack you could always query the kunena user table for there post count and if it matches up you can add there user id in to the awards table and give them that award to be displayed on there profile.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 10 months ago #33 by C0n
I've got started with it
Code:
$db->setquery ("INSERT INTO #__awards_awards ( id, userid, award, date, reason ) VALUES (46, 'user id here', 'award number here', 'date here', 'reason here')"); $db->query();

More
12 years 10 months ago #34 by Lodder

C0n wrote: Its not a automated awards system though you have to manualy select a user to award :O ?

I need a automated system :( manualy going through users and awarding them one by one is allot of effort :'( :blush:

So what are the awards you want automatically added. Forum posts made?

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #35 by C0n
Yh ive got the majority of it working the only issue is it currently floods the awards table giving the same person the same award over and over again xD

But it is because im using "insert into" when i should be using "update" i think but i need to test to see if it will recognize that the person already has that award.

EDIT : Tested it and does not work il have to find another method.

Im currently trying to use a if and else command to check / query the database table to see if that user already owns the award.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by C0n.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 9 months ago #36 by C0n
The automation of it is finaly finished it took a few months of being totaly confussed it feels good to finaly have something that you do not have to manualy check up on every few days.

More
12 years 9 months ago #37 by Lodder
well done mate, glad you finally got it working in the end. would you kindly pm me the code I need to add and instructions etc so I can test it? this would be much appreciated.

Lodder

Time to create page: 0.611 seconds