Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question New Topic Button doesn't work with SH404sef installed but using core or component plugin

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by Fenrir
My site has installed SH404SEF version 2.0.1.531 and Kunena RC1, in the sh404SEF configuration I'd selected "use core or component plugin" instead of "use sh404sef plugin". I can't "skip" sh404sef working those URLs, because no SEF urls would be created.
The problem is that the New Topic button inside every forum are not working (I don't mean the general "new topic" button that is in the Tabs). Those button redirects to the forum I was on, instead of site.com/newtopic/etc

What's causing this problem and how can I solve this?

Let me know if I say something wrong in English's grammar or syntax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Fenrir, and welcome to Kunena.

I don't know anything about sh404SEF or how it works or how it does not work with Kunena or how it prevents Kunena from working properly. Also I don't know what is the latest release of sh404SEF or whether the version that you're using is up-to-date or has other known issues. The only "advice" that I can offer you is what is written in the category description at the top of this page:

This is not a support forum for sh404SEF or its related products. For sh404SEF support you should visit sh404SEF .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use sh404SEF with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of sh404SEF.

However, having said that, it would be very useful for those who use sh404SEF to know if there is a problem with it and Kunena. If you find out any information from the developers of that product that sheds some light on this problem we would live to know about it. :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by Fenrir
Ok, now I see what's the problem:

SH404sef component "thinks" that those 2 URLs shows the same page:

index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=39&catid=13&do=new&func=post&lang=es
index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=36&catid=13&func=showcat&lang=es

So, the component makes a single url for both of them. But the first one is to post in that category and the second one is to view that category.
How this can be solved? changing the SEF name of one of the URLs (manually, in the URL manager).
This only happens with the NewPost-Button, and no with any other button. I don't know why, but at least I solved it manually.

Let me know if I say something wrong in English's grammar or syntax
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raptor

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by pdfinformation
Exact same problem with SH404SEF and Kunena 1.6! :(
Dont know the answer :angry:

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by onlinemind
The same here, please someone find the solution

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by ravimanoram
heck this seems to be a persisting problem, can anyone advice on this, i mean what is kunena using here that it is working fine

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #7 by ravimanoram
guys found a solution to this.. turn the kunena SEF features in the bottom of kunena configuration and just let everything work as default in the SH404SEF and there u are everything works just fine... hurray
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: deleted objectionable language

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by nile1483
Same problem new topic button not working, please suggest solution

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds