Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Display Jomsocial Profile information in Kunena

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by cowcowcow
Hi guys,

I know this is more of a jomsocial question but i prefer the support here at kunena its really amazing considering its free! Im wondering if anyone has asked this question before and if you experienced kunena guys could help me.

Basically I want to display a user's profile jomsocial field in kunena.

For example I want to display the users country which he specified in his jomsocial profile. I want it to appear below their user name everytime they post.

So it looks like

MemberName

(Avatar Img)

Karmma
Bio: (From United States)

If its possible, what code would i have to use? In another CMS it would be putting something like this in the respective php files...

<?php if($communityField12):?> // if the user entered info in the field, display it
<?php echo $communityField12;?>
<?php endif;?>

I need to know the jomsocial code to use, if any and what template to edit!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by Voice4Vision
Read THIS TOPIC it might be just what you are looking for!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cowcowcow

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #3 by cowcowcow
Thanks so much man, that worked perfectly.

I used a shortened version of it for anyone interested and it worked fine.

<?php

$user =& CFactory::getUser($userId);

// write profile fields you want to retrieve here
$data = $user->getInfo('FIELD_COUNTRY');

// display it
echo $data;

?>
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon and status

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by ricslady
How would you echo to the icon instead of the data label?

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by Voice4Vision
ricslady,
I have looked into this via google and literally found nothing that would help me. However I did manage to find a bunch of old support threads related to Kunena and Community Builder for much older versions of Kunena, so they offer no help.

I think the one thing that needs to be considered is to what information are you trying to pull to get the image to display? As the image would have to be assigned to a variable, this in turn would require code to recognize the variable and under what conditions need to be met for the variable to be changed.

I will continue to look into this as I am also interested, however I would have to say that my lack of php knowledge will hamper any successful attempt I may have. I anticipate failure ;)

My apologies,
Voice4Vision
The following user(s) said Thank You: ricslady

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds