Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question JomSocial Integration with Kunena as a replacement for Group Discussions

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by the_target
I am considering Kunena to provide a richer sharing environment for the trading members of our site. Specifically, we need a better way to share and discuss chart setups and be able to reply with images and videos. It appears that Kunena supports this, per the example chart attached.

Anyone had success with this integration or is it riddled with complexities?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
No it is not difficult to integrate the two together, this website used Jomsocial - see People menu.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_target

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by the_target
Got it all working well. Just have to figure out getting forum activity to show up in the JomSocial Activity stream.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka
I am also having that issue, it was working then it stopped. I have not bothered looking into it yet though.

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by the_target
I got it working on my J2.5, JomSocial most current, and Kunena 1.7.2

I had to change the access type in the Category Manger for each category item to use User Groups instead of Access Level. After configuring each item, it worked perfectly.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by Jiminimonka
I think that setting Access Levels is the way to do it in J2.5 and User Groups is how it should be done in J1.5, so maybe this is something that needs addressing in future updates.

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka
Reading this - www.jomsocial.com/support/answers.html?v...=show&questionid=109

Kunena and JomSocial both uses the same Joomla! user database. There is no way to make kunena member not a member of JomSocial, since both share the same user database.

JomSocial at the moment does not use Joomla! access level. Since JomSocial still support Joomla! 1.5, adding Joomla! ACL which only work on 1.6 and above would make it very hard for us to maintain the code for various Joomla! version.

Work on native ACL support would only started once Joomla! 1.5 support is dropped. As it is, ACL support might not make it within the next 6 months.

Is there a work around for this that can be done from Kunena's end?

Please read the FAQ.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds