Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question JomSocial Kunena Groups Plug-in v's JS G-Kunena

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by itstaff
Hi,

I'm looking to integrate my JomSocial groups with Kunena and see there are two solutions for this. The free Plugin provided by Kunena and also JS G-Kunena developed by a third party found here at the cost of $24.95.

joomlaextensions.latitudweb.com/products/js-gkunena.html

Has anyone used either of these solutions or perhaps tried both. What is the difference and how did it work out for you. Any pros or cons or simple advice would be muchly appreciated. JS G-Kunena seems to have additional functionality, however is it worth the cost?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by Beccam
Hi,

I am wondering the same thing myself. I wasn't aware there was a free plugin, I can't seem to find it. Can you point me to it?

Does the paid version allow for unlimited site licenses? If we split the cost then we can both test it, and are not out too much if it isn't what we wanted.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by itstaff
Hi Beccam,

No problem the free version is available from the Kunena downloads section www.kunena.org/download . It's called 'JomSocial Kunena Groups Plug-in'. I believe this is much simpler but does the job of syncing forum categories with jomsocial groups. I haven't tried it yet myself. In regards to JS G-Kunena i'v enquired about multi-site licensing and also submitted a spelling error on their site to recieve further 10% discount which is an offer they have atm. :) I'll let you know when I get a response.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by Beccam
Thanks! I am interested to see what you find out.

I am testing the free plugin, but am not happy with it so far. Here is a thread where I posted some of the issues I am experiencing

www.kunena.org/forum/11-jomsocial/115504...plugin-issues#115542

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds