Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question J! 1.7.3 + CB 1.7.1 + K 1.7.1: After login as administrator from forum login, not all menu items shown in Kunena menu

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #31 by sozzled
I have reported this topic to my colleagues who may be able to make some sense from all the different things. If you've tried the settings I recommended (Access Control = Joomla) and, in effect, when you try to login via the login form on the Kunena login form as an administrator and you are logged in (well, I still don't even know if you are logged-in ... something about being directed to a registration page :S ) but you don't see the Kunena menu as if you were logged in.

Look again at the images in msg #22. The first image shows the menu of someone who is logged in, of anyone who is logged in. There is nothing special about this menu - you said, this is the menu when you login as an admin with the usual CB Login module. If you login with a normal account, one with normal privileges, does it work differently (does the Kunena menu behave differently) to when you successfully login as an administrator. That's the question I would like to have an answer to.

Until now, this entire topic seems to be about a "problem" trying to login as an administrator. That may be a problem. A bigger problem, however, is what happens if a normal user tries to login to your site and they can't! Have you tested the situation with a normal user's account?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #32 by prophoto
Please have someone else from the team look at this thread. It seems you cannot see the issue here. I clearly defined the problem (EDIT: BUG) in #22.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by prophoto.

More
12 years 3 months ago #33 by mwmills
Again, it is an issue of privileges and applies to registered users as well as admin's, the difference between a registered user and an admin really is just privileges.

My system has a User Menu that displays after a user logs in. When a user logs in via the CB login all is well and the User Menu is displayed. When the User logs in via Kunena login with CB integration enabled the User Menu is not displayed. There are other symptoms but this is clear and simple.

There is a bug in the CB Integration involving privileges.

More
12 years 3 months ago #34 by prophoto

mwmills wrote: There is a bug in the CB Integration involving privileges.

...stemming from the use of the Kunena login form.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #35 by sozzled
I'll tell you what I'll do. I will build a brand new J! 1.7.3 website with K 1.7.1 and CB 1.7.1 - can't do it today I have a lot of appointments on - and I'll test it out. I'm sure that we've tested this out before and we haven't come across these issues. There were issues with K 1.7.0 but, as I understand, those were fixed. When I have build my test site and, if it works, I will let you know by PM where you can try it out for yourselves. This may take me a day or two to get back to you.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #36 by prophoto
As requested please pass this onto the other members of the team in the mean time so they can start looking into fixing this bug.

More
12 years 3 months ago #37 by sozzled
I have already done that. I have not received any feedback on this yet.

More
12 years 3 months ago #38 by sozzled
Feedback I've received suggests that there is a bug here. We're looking into it now. I don't know any more at the moment.

Looks to be something in J! 1.7.3. I have not reproduced the issue on J! 1.5.25. Has anyone else seen this issue in J! 1.5.25?

More
12 years 3 months ago #39 by sozzled

More
12 years 3 months ago #40 by tonyp
Hello,

We have had a long discussion and testing period tonight with this.

And have concluded there is some thing Community Builder Login does, which is more than just their login as Kunena uses Community Builder's login to login..

Until we can provide a fix we suggest using the following workaround:

1. Disable login integration completely in Kunena
2. Create a new Community Builder Login Module
3. Set the new Login Module to horizontal
4. Make the Login Module appear in the Breadcrumbs position(Or any above / below the forum)
5. Make sure the module is show on the forum pages.

Regards
Tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds