Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question UddeIm integration

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by Doggiefield
I would like the UddeIm component to load within Kunena. This way the forum navigation/topmenu is still available when writing or reading a private message.

Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: UddeIm integration
Hello,

It's not possible to keep Kunena menu into UddeIm component

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by irishbiker
Replied by irishbiker on topic Re: UddeIm integration
I too have started to play with uddeIM. I'd like to have some kind of integration as well. Can I ask How do you handle the PM system on this forum? What do you use?

Thanks in advance

Paul

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by fairwea1
Replied by fairwea1 on topic Re: UddeIm integration
The im on here is jomsocial.

Kunena - forum configuration - integration - private messages - auto detect..... That will integrate it with Kunena.

You can set up a uddeim menu. Then set up a menu module (kunena menu) and set it to be shown in your uddeim menu.

Being that kunena and uddeim are to different components you'll have to play with it a little and see if you can get everything to show in a way that will satisfy your needs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: irishbiker

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by irishbiker
Thanks a lot for the update.

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by irishbiker
Sorry if this is not strictly a Kunena issue but I had a thought, is it possible when you click on the private messages link on Kunena that the PM system (in my case Uddelm) opens up in a pop up window? That way no extra menu settings would be needed.

Paul

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: UddeIm integration
It's been quite a long time since I used uddeIM on my website(s) and I don't remember how it worked but I thought you could make it popup a dialog to enter a private message. You're right, Paul, I don't think this is strictly-speaking a Kunena matter - it's something that you could ask the uddeIM forum though (their link is at the top of this page) - because the PM button on this website here ( www.kunena.org ) causes JomSocial to create a popup IM dialog.

I mean, look at the basic design of Kunena, as you see it implemented here on this website, and (even though Kunena is not integrated with uddeIM here) you can see a few ideas that show you that what you want is possible. I hope that some of this is helpful. :)
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by fairwea1
Replied by fairwea1 on topic Re: UddeIm integration

irishbiker wrote: Sorry if this is not strictly a Kunena issue but I had a thought, is it possible when you click on the private messages link on Kunena that the PM system (in my case Uddelm) opens up in a pop up window? That way no extra menu settings would be needed.

Paul

You could create an iframe wrapper. I don't think that would look at that great though.

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds