Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Need to remove Gender and Birthday icons

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by billco
I have searched this forum and found several similar requests for this but no-one has got a definitive answer. It seems a popular request but it is not an option to have or have-not.

Can anyone tell me what file to edit and the lines to remove or edit to remove these two features?

I do have the birthday and gender fields mapped across from CB in Forum Integration plugin but the gender item always shows Gender:Unknown so I am resorting to trying to remove the features..
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by billco.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
AS far as the gender display is concerned, there are two definitive answers:

(1) Encourage and allow your users to complete their gender at registration time (then you won't have any "gender unknown" problem to use as an excuse for removing the feature; or

(2) Hide the gender by adding the following three lines to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file:
Code:
#Kunena .kicon-profile-gender-unknown, .kicon-profile-gender-male, .kicon-profile-gender-female { display: none; }

As far as the birthday display is concerned, it only shows if your users enter a birthday. Why do you need to explicitly remove the birthday display?

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by billco
Thanks, I have copied the code into the template.css and the gender icon is now not showing :)

All users have to register their DoB and Gender at CB registration (both are compulsory fields) so all users have that information. I have mapped them across on the Forum Integration plugin, but Kunena is not reading them. I have also mapped across the Location --> Town and, strangely, it is reading that, and the Location icon shows correctly.

The reason I need to also disable the birthday icon, is that some time ago my users were able to access the Forum Profile tab, and a few entered their birthday there. Since then, I have switched the Profile Tab to "Use Integration" so now it goes to CB profile, which is the intention, but as stated above, the birthday icon is still trying to pull the birthdate from the forum's own profile data, not CB's, which it will do, if a birthdate exists there.

(Incidentally, since I upgraded to Kunena 1.7.1 earlier today, and temporarily switched OFF the "use integration" on Profile Tab, the birthdate, location and gender data stored on the Forum cannot be edited - no Edit button - is this a bug?)

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled

billco wrote: ... the birthday icon is still trying to pull the birthdate from the forum's own profile data, not CB's, which it will do, if a birthdate exists there.

Exactly! When you set Kunena integration to use cb.simpleboardtab plugin that's what happens (and so this now becomes a question about how to make the best use of the Community Builder plugin. That's a question for Joomlapolis , I think.

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds