Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Category menu is not changing color when clicked

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by slforum
Hi, I have created four menus for my forum category from joomla menu manager. When I click on the menu it is not changing color as an active menu should change color. Please look at the screen shot.

I clicked on first year, but fourth year is highlighted. Please help me fix this.

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: slforum

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by slforum
Hi, Thank you so much for helping. I found this there,

Creating Kunena menu items from scratch

You MUST create a main menu item of type "Entry Page"
If you want your main menu item to point to a specific view of the forum (ex: a category)
Create a submenu item of (ex) Category
Choose the category you want to show
In the main menu item created in step 1 set the "Default Menu Item" choose the desired submenu item.

And I did as above, now the active menu color changes as it should be, but I get the dropdown of submenu which is the category. If i unpublish the submenu, its not working. What can be the possible workaround ? please suggest.

Thank you.

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by slforum
Hey, when I tried it for the second time, its not working again, here is what I did,

1 . I created an entry page menu for kunena.
2. I created category menu which I want to display and made it submenu of the above menu.
3. I changes the default menu of menu created at step 1 to the submenu created above.
4. I repeated this again for another category menu too.

But when I click on the menu in front end, I see the active menu color is wrong. Its always the last menu which is active.

Please help me understand. Thanks

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by Matias
You can also copy Kunena Menu into your own menu.

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by slforum
Thanks for the reply, my problem was from the sh404sef component, when I changed the configuration of sh404sef to use joomla router for sef url, the active menu was pointing correctly. The default sh404sef plugin is causing problem with kunena active menu I guess.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds