Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Change Login Redirection

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by Dom2012
I'm using Kunena 1.6 with Joomla 1.5 and JomSocial 2.0.6.

I've made Kunena public but JomSocial private.

When a member of the public clicks on a link in Kunena (example: the link "User List" at the bottom right of the Kunena window), they are redirected to the Joomla login page.

I need them to *always* get directed to the JomSocial login page or the site's homepage.

How do I achieve this?

Thanks,
Dom
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Dom2012.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Dom2012, and welcome to Kunena.

This is a basic Joomla/JomSocial question. I suggest that you start by asking the question at JomSocial . Kunena uses the settings implemented in your JomSocial login module.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by Dom2012
Thanks.

I already did this and they both said I should talk to the 'other guys'.

Guess I'll try again. :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
That's not very helpful when we have this "finger-pointing" excuses where one person says "it's not our fault, it must be the other guy".

Try using the standard Joomla login instead of the JomSocial login to see if this fixes your problem.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by Dom2012
Not sure how to read your tone there, however I agree that it is not helpful.

What might be helpful is if I find the solution then add it here should anyone else encounter the same problem.

Using the Joomla login does not work because my site also uses K2. If registrations are not done via K2 then K2 features do not work. My site resolves this problem by having a bridge between JomSocial and K2 so that registrations can be done in JomSocial but K2 is configured correctly.

Right now, I have managed to configure Joomla, JomSocial and K2 correctly so that all attempts to log in or register are done via JomSocial. It only falls part if someone clicks on a link in Kunena.

When I find a solution, I'll post it here in case someone else encounters this problem and assumes it is a Kunena issue.

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thanks. I wasn't trying to criticise anyone; I was just making a passing observation about the kind of response that people often get when they ask for help and the reply comes back "it must be the other guy's fault". As I mentioned earlier, this is unlikely to be a Kunena issue (but it depends on how you've setup login integration in the Kunena forum configuration). Sometimes the integration isn't as "seamless" as we'd like it to be and sometimes, in cases where things seem to fall apart, it's better to try a different approach by experimenting with different integration settings. In some cases it might be better to forego attempting to login via the forum altogether and leave registration/login outside of the forum.

Time to create page: 0.723 seconds