Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Joomla 1.7 + CB 1.7 Requires K1.6.5 - Where IS 1.6.5?

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by schelly
Could somebody please point me to the correct version to install for J1.7 and CB1.7? The requirements documentation says this combination requires Kunena 1.6.5, but I couldn't find anything but the recent new builds and commits at GitHub. There are folders in the download of the latest 1.6 on that site that I don't know what to do with.

Could somebody please give me an idea of what to do? Should I just copy over those files that match the directory structure on the server?

All help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Huh? CB 1.7? I haven't heard of that version.

K 1.6.5 does not exist at the present time. Please read Important news about J! 1.7 + K 1.6.4

Unless you are an experienced developer and you know what you're doing, going to GitHub isn't going to help you. I'm not a developer; going to GitHub doesn't help me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schelly

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by schelly
CB 1.7 is a release candidate available to professional members of Joomlapolis. It is required to work with Joomla 1.7, which was officially released July 19th. Joomla 1.6 is fast approaching end-of-life and I don't want my organization stuck on an outdated version. I was hoping to use Kunena because it is, in my opinion, the best forum solution for Joomla sites.

Any experienced developers want to give me a basic outline of what I need to do?

All help greatly appreciated!

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled

schelly wrote: Any experienced developers want to give me a basic outline of what I need to do?

The basic outline of what you need to do is to wait until K 1.6.5 - which will work with J! 1.7 - is released. As far as K 1.6.5 working with CB 1.7 is concerned, I don't know anything about this.

Thanks for the information. I am making enquiries about CB 1.7 and interoperability with K 1.6.5 now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schelly

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by schelly
You rock! Thanks so much once again!

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by bjoern
The problem is: All Joomla Versions 1.6 have a XSS vulnerability . And there is no patch for Joomla 1.6.
Solution
Upgrade to the latest Joomla! version (1.7.0 or later). Since 7 days we are without forum, because we had Joomla 1.6 installed - way back to 1.5 is no solution, so we went to 1.7

Yes, I can understand, that there are a lot of tests to do to get a stable next Kunena Version. But is it not possible to provide us a litte patch? As I could read in github, the problem why it does not run are the inquiries of Joomla Version. I tried my best to fix it by myself, but I am no coder. Maybe there is more to fix.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by schelly
Yes, and if you subscribe to the Joomla newsletters, you got something in your email inbox recently that said:

Joomla 1.6 End of Life - urgent upgrade required
Joomla 1.6 will reach end-of-life on August 19, 2011 and all users should upgrade to version 1.7 before that date.

So we try to stay up with the latest version, and developers tell us we are adopting a Joomla release that is too new, and we should wait and let components catch up to the new releases. I wonder if Joomla developers could find a way to work with add-on developers to make it a little easier on all concerned.

Anyway, none of that is meant to sound ungracious or ungrateful. What you Kunena developers do and what the Joomlapolis developers do and what the Joomla developers do is very much appreciated indeed. Suggestions for collaborative improvements are not meant to be hyper-critical expressions of frustration - just suggestions.

:-)

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds