- Posts: 79
- Thank you received: 0
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.1 [K 6.2.1] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1.0 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.1
Question Upgrade path to 1.5 stable
Is it envisaged that it will be possible to migrate from 1.0.9 directly to 1.5 stable or will I have to upgrade via 1.0.10?
I am confused about your answer.
I really need to add Kunena very soon.
I am not sure if I need install 1.0.x or wait to 1.5.x.
Can I Install 1.0.x now and upgrade to 1.5.x later (without problems :S )?
Can I lose information, data, user, etc with upgrade?
What happens when I change legacy mode from 1.0.x to 1.5.x? No problem at all?
The most important question:
You said: But if you have relatively small amount of changes in your template, I advice you to upgrade now.
1.5.x is not ready for production site.... Can I install it now?
Sorry for a lot of questions, but I am really excited to install it now... but I do not know what is the best scenario.
Thank you very much for your time and advise
1. Can I Install 1.0.x now and upgrade to 1.5.x later (without problems :S )?
2. Can I lose information, data, user, etc with upgrade?
3. What happens when I change legacy mode from 1.0.x to 1.5.x? No problem at all?
The most important question:
4. You said: But if you have relatively small amount of changes in your template, I advice you to upgrade now.
5. 1.5.x is not ready for production site.... Can I install it now?
1. The DEVs will give their best, to make this as easy as possible, it should work without problems, I guess
2. You should always make these backups before upgrading: Database, and the folders (from webspace) joomla root / images / com_kunena and root / images / fb_files...
and of course all your modified files , if there are some, perhaps kunena.forum.css.
After upgrade you can reconstruct your old forum, if there would be some files missing. If you have had modified files you can diff old with new and integrate the changes and so on
3. Kunena 1.5 stable! will run native.
4. If you have had modified files you can diff old with new and integrate the changes. It is always and everywhere the same: If you made hacks, you have to integrate these hacks after every update again.
5. You should not and never install alpha or betas on public sites. You can instal them on testing environments and report us bugs, thie would be very helpful to make 1.5 a stable version.
2. Upgrading from 1.0.10 does not touch database (it only changes version number), so there are no risks that upgrade will break anything in database. But what happens after that, well, there may still be some unknown bugs..
3. Legacy mode can be turned off after you have installed Kunena 1.5.
4. I was talking upgrade from 1.0.9 to 1.0.10
5. You can install it (it has been used in production for over a month), but you should know that it has much more bugs than 1.0.10. And it's not officially supported.
I really appreciate your advise, help and time.
Thank you very much.
I am going to install 1.0.X and after upgrade to 1.5.x
Once again, thank you for your amazing support.
Congratulations for your job!