Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question 1.5.0a removed from download?

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by k5jat
I must have missed the announcement of the 1.5.0a download being removed....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #2 by grumblemarc
Because it is ALPHA and too many people were trying to run it on production sites. I think the beta will be released pretty soon anyway. STILL not recommended for production use.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by grumblemarc.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by BenAdamson
It is still very buggy, so it's best to leave it alone anyway until the devs have sorted it out a bit. :S

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by johnnydement
FYW information, upcoming 1.5.1b fixes all big issues, we0ve just spotted 3 bugs in 1.5.1b that are being ironed right now, that are important, but don't make it unusable at all ;)
I've been using it since a week after 1.5.0a was released without a problem ;)

But as mark says, it still should not to be used for production.

More
14 years 10 months ago #5 by BenAdamson
johnnydement wrote:

FYW information, upcoming 1.5.1b fixes all big issues, we0ve just spotted 3 bugs in 1.5.1b that are being ironed right now, that are important, but don\'t make it unusable at all ;)
I\'ve been using it since a week after 1.5.0a was released without a problem ;)

But as mark says, it still should not to be used for production.

What, 1.5.1b should not be used for production? why not?

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by grumblemarc
Beta. Until it reaches Release Candidate status it will be unsuitable and unsupported on live site.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
Can I make a bold suggestion? Would it be possible to insert into the K 1.5.0b release kit (when it eventually sees the light of day) so that, where it\'s installed, the forum pages will display, in big bold letters, the following text:
UNSUPPORTED KUNENA TEST VERSION - NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PRODUCTION USE

That might help :P
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by grumblemarc
Good suggestion but no it won't. The alpha was the same.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Let's make it *obvious*
No, I think you misunderstand me, GM. I mean, the text (that I suggested) should be planted into the Kunena source code, as part of the installation kit that the user downloads, so that it appears on the user's website! Now do you understand?
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 10 months ago #10 by grumblemarc
I guess what I mean is that no matter how many warnings and what manner of warning you attempt to furnish the problem is that the terminology for most Joomla newcomers is too alien. Terms like "Alpha" and "production environment" mean nothing to anyone save those that understand them-usually experienced users. Most of the problems reported were by those that simply thought they were installing the latest version and didn't look past that. Others just simply didn't not read the warnings and if they did failed to heed them. So even if the language was as plain as you could make it people will still install it/upgrade in situations where they otherwise should not.

I did tech support for many years and many of the problems I ran into was people failing to read and/or understand directions.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds