Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Loved Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese translations for Kunena 1.6 RC2

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese translations for Kunena 1.6 RC2 had been finished.

Chinese Joomla users can download it from the download area at www.joomlagate.com .

Thanks to Kunena team.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by Matias
Can you send the files to me, so I can include it to our distribution: matias at kunena dot com.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by baijianpeng
You know, I am only a translator, I don't know how to code with PHP.

At present, I have an urgent problem on my own website, which was built in order to introduce and teach Joomla and its extensions to Chinese web users.

The problem is: my forum is now running on SMF 2.0 RC3, integrated with Joomla 1.5 by SJSB bridge, this bridge had been abandoned long time ago and I want to convert it to Kunena as soon as possible.

I can't wait one more second to see such a conversion being achieved. But I can't find any converter or migrator after searching and searching for almost 6 months.

If you can help me to finish this conversion smoothly, I will contribute my translaion (and later updates) to you.

Forgive me that I can't just upload this translation without any condition, because when I ask some PHP guys to help me on the conversion, they always charge me US Dollars.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by Matias
I'm just testing my SMF2 converter -- it should work as long as the users are both in Joomla and SMF. Some logic is still missing to import non-existing users into Joomla.. If you want to give a try -- email me @kunena.com.

You do not need to know PHP, I just need the translations, if we want to include them to main distribution ;)

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by baijianpeng
Thanks for your help. I would like to try the SMF2 to Kunena converter. I had send you email.

BTW, I noticed that some spam robots had registered/create user accounts in my SMF2, since those can’t be activated, so they are just orphan account only in SMF2, without corresponding user in Joomla. I also don’t want to transfer these users. Do I need to delete these orphan users manually before using your converter?

Another question is: can your converter also migrate the attachments, avatar and user ranks to Kunena?

www.joomlagate.com/

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by Matias
Importer doesn't add new accounts to Joomla. If they haven't written any messages, they are easy to remove after migration (negative user ids in Kunena tables).

Attachments, avatars and ranks are not currently supported by the importer.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by baijianpeng
Thank you Matias, I made a quick test with your new SMF2 to Kunena converter/importer, it works fine except a little problem(I had reported that in email).

I also had send you my Chinese language translations for Kunena 1.6 RC3 in that email as attachements.

Thanks for your help. I will convert the forum at joomlagate.com to Kunena soon.

Hope you can figure out a way to migrate the forum attachments and user avatars.

Thank you very much.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by baijianpeng
hi Matias,

I am still waiting for your improved version of this SMF2 to kunena converter which will handle the avatars and attachments perfectly.

Do you have any spare time to do this recently?

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by baijianpeng
30 days passed and there is NO change on this converter/migrator.

Maybe Matias is very busy doing something else.

I noticed that this SMF2 to Kunena migrator is in Kunena SVN.

Can anyone else pick up this and add the feature of migrating attachments and avatarts together with posts?

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by garyhung2000

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds