Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Unsuccesfull Migration to Joomla 4

More
3 years 2 months ago #228534 by HanKortekaas
Rich, I have been trying to find the latest topics on migrating Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 to see if my issue has already been addressed, but I couldn't find anything.Migration to Joomla 4 is impossible because there are plugins under Joomla 3 that are difficult to remove. The helpdesk of my provider gave up on it.I have decided to create a fresh Joomla 4 site, and I have succeeded in doing so. Now, I am at the point of installing Kunena 6.1.1. Under Joomla 3, I had Kunena 5.2.12 with Crypsis.My question is, can I transfer the Kunena tables from 5.2.12 to Kunena 6.1.1 using a backup? In the backup, I would include only the Kunena and user tables. Additionally, I would transfer the media folder.Will that work, and what are the potential issues?"

Han

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #228537 by rich
1. you have to import the Joomla user tables (without your Joomla users you have no Kunena users)
2. check in the backend System -> Database and update the structure
3. import all Kunena 5.2 tables
4. install Kunena 6.1.x
5. create the Kunena menu and install the sample files (see here)
6. import your avatars and attachments from the media folder

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HanKortekaas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #228538 by HanKortekaas
Thanks, quite clear and confirms my plan.

Han

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #228541 by HanKortekaas
Rich, the implementation went according to plan. Kunena 6 is now running on a test location. I noticed that during the installation of Kunena, the tables were converted, which probably means that I won't be able to transfer the newer tables from production when the test location is ready. It will take some time before the template settings are correct

Han

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #228578 by rich
Yes, that is correct, because for Kunena 6.x the tables need to be adapted. It is likely that some posts will be added to your live site until the new test site is set up, so you should migrate these tables on the day of the move.
This can also be done on a second clean test site. Then remove the Kunena tables from the first finished test site and import the current tables.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #228582 by HanKortekaas
Rich, That's a good idea to have a second clean site just to convert the Kunena and User tables from the life site and thereafter include them in the test site. Table for the template/menu should be Okay in the testsite 1.

Han

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds