Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Kunena broke Joomla

More
1 year 7 months ago #1 by uzbaby
Kunena broke Joomla was created by uzbaby
Hello!
 I had some problem with image uploading to my Joomla and in Joomla support they say the problem is I Kunena.

My question was: Hello
When I want to add article in my Joomla 4 and go to tab: Images and Links....then Want to SELECT image from media it takes me to this page in the attachment. (404 error page)
what is wrong?
Can you please help?

So their answer after my FPA diagnosis was:

1. There is a problem with Kunena 6.0.2 but that is all I can see at the moment.

2. Looks like Kunena is causing an error? Check you have set Permissions correctly in it.
Also the logs folder is in the root which suggests your Joomla has been migrated. Possibly something in the migration failed?

Here is the link to our conversation: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=811&t=9...0&p=3670371#p3670371

Can you please help? What went wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Kunena broke Joomla
Hello,

I have looked the topic on forum.joomla.org so the issue triggered is the following :
Code:
08-Sep-2022 02:00:04 America/Boise] PHP Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home2/newuzbab/public_html/media/kunena/core/svg/contract.svg" in /home2/newuzbab/public_html/libraries/kunena/src/Icons/KunenaSvgIcons.php on line 68

The file is missing in the Kunena package, i need to look to find a way to fix it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
1 year 7 months ago #3 by uzbaby
Replied by uzbaby on topic Kunena broke Joomla
Hello xillibit!
Thank you
Should I provide you access to my website? Which data do you need?

More
1 year 7 months ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Kunena broke Joomla
Hello,

Try on the file /media/kunena/topic_icons/default/topicicons.xml at this line :
Code:
<icons type="system" width="48" height="48">         <icon id="500" name="moved" published="1" svg="contract" fa="compress"               src="system/moved.png"/>

to change the svg="contract" by svg="moved"

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
1 year 7 months ago #5 by uzbaby
Thank you.
But before doing that maybe I should provide you with some other information. As I see in my extensions the Media Component of Joomla and Media component of Kunena are disabled. And they are locked and no folder is associated with them.
Here in the screenshot, you can see it.
So, should I add the code that you provided anyway?
Attachments:

More
1 year 7 months ago #6 by uzbaby

Hello,

Try on the file /media/kunena/topic_icons/default/topicicons.xml at this line :
Code:
<icons type="system" width="48" height="48">         <icon id="500" name="moved" published="1" svg="contract" fa="compress"               src="system/moved.png"/>

to change the svg="contract" by svg="moved"

Hello. Thank you! this code to the place you mentioned.
But nothing changed.
Maybe problem is because:

As I see in my extensions the Media Component of Joomla and Media component of Kunena are disabled. And they are locked and no folder is associated with them

Maybe problem here?

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #7 by Leen
Replied by Leen on topic Kunena broke Joomla
Hello,
I believe the website has been upgraded from joomla 3 to joomla 4
Are all extensions properly updated?
Administrator > Update Sites > select all and rebuild
then go to administrator > Extensions: let update find and install.
and also try administrator > Extensions: Discover or that says something
Which word processor is the default in joomla JCE ?
and is this up to date and is JCE media box also used and is it also enabled with plug-ins.
And if you use the extension admintools, see if it blocks something.
ps
and turn on debug and error reporting from joomla site there must really be a conflict somewhere.

L.v.d.A
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Leen.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds