Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Solved Sample Data not installed

More
1 year 8 months ago #1 by naderfrd

Hi I am trying to install Kunena Forum Sample Data and it fails Joomla 4.1.5
I tried this link which you Just what you suggested to peet but the Install button of Kunena Forum doesn't show on the Home Dashboard. I'm Using version 6.0.1.1 it was a new installation.
Also, I installed it for registered users to open on the Registered area. the menu shows on the registered area but by clicking on the forum menu and or submenus like New Topic and other subs, the page switches automatically to the public area.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload:  

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : lt_law | author: LTheme | version: 4.0 | creationdate: Oct 2021

Kunena default template details : Aurelia | author: Kunena Team | version: 6.0.1.1 | creationdate: 2022-07-09

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 6.0.1.1 | 2022-07-09 [ Git Repository ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.7.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #2 by Leen
Replied by Leen on topic Sample Data not installed
I don't know what went wrong but it looks like this is your kunena menu not really correct
have you sometimes changed something. in a quick test on my pc with sample data this is my kunena sample menu (image)
So I think maybe you start over with kunena via Kunena Forum: Tools > Uninstall kunena and then reinstall kunena again

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
1 year 8 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Sample Data not installed
  • What happened to your Kunena menu? I can't see it in the configuration report. But Kunena needs it to work properly.
  • The menu items in your user menu are wrong ( Menu Issues ).
  • Install sample data
  • If you want to have the forum for registered users only, go to Configuration -> Security tab and select Registered users only = Yes

More
1 year 8 months ago #4 by naderfrd
Replied by naderfrd on topic Sample Data not installed
Hi Rick and thanks for your replay. as Leen suggested, I Uninstall and then reinstall kunena again and the problem is solved but to have the Forum just for registered users, I did exactly as you said and activated "Registered users only = Yes" but when I click on the forum ((I added it in the special menu for registrants and not in the Public menu)), it still switches from the registrant's section and opens in the public section. Is it any way to prevent that? Thank you 

More
1 year 8 months ago #5 by rich
I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "it still switches from the registrant's area and opens in the public area".
With the "Registered Users Only = Yes" setting, the forum is not open to the public, and if you don't have a public menu item leading to the forum, guests can't even know you have a forum.
What is the difference between your public and registered area?

More
1 year 8 months ago #6 by naderfrd
My site has two separate sections
The public section is the website's main page with a menu that shows information for the public.
A second part is a place where only members with usernames and passwords can enter and the menu there is entirely different from the public menu.
I want to use the forum for the second part, (just for members), which of course is displayed in the member's menu, but when I click on it, the main forum opens, but it no longer shows the users menu and instead shows the public menu. Please see the attached image
Attachments:

More
1 year 8 months ago #7 by rich
You have to assign the modules correctly. For example: Main menu is the public menu and should not be displayed in the forum. Then you have to open this module and deselect all menu items for the forum (see image).
Then open the module for the User menu and select all menu items for the forum.
You have to do this with all modules which are different between public and registered.

More
1 year 8 months ago #8 by naderfrd
It's exactly the same and that's why I'm surprised, even though the main menu is inactive in the forum section, the main menu is still displayed. Please see the attached image.
Attachments:

More
1 year 8 months ago #9 by rich
1. this image is not helpful because I can't see if "Only on the selected pages" or "On all pages except the selected" is selected. Correct would be the first one in this case.
2. empty all caches (Joomla and browser).
3. if your Joomla template uses page optimization (compression), disable it, otherwise the data will be loaded from this compressed file.
In general, optimization tools should be disabled during setup, as they can falsify the result.
4. also check all other modules in the puplic area if Kunena menu items are assigned.

More
1 year 8 months ago #10 by naderfrd
You are right.
I use a separate template for each section.
The forum menu was not activated in the template settings, and therefore the forum was displayed in the public section.
The problem was solved and  Thank you so much for your help.

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds