Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question 1054 Unknown column 'parentid' in 'where clause'

More
2 years 1 month ago #1 by rambro
Hi all,

I am testing out a joomla 4 website on my local computer via a winamp server before going live with it. I have kunena 6.0 beta7 2022 installed on it. When I try to create a category I get an error message. I will attach the error message to this post/thread.

I was wondering if you can help me to resolve this matter. Thank you.

Rick Ambrosino
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #2 by rambro
Hi all,

I had attached file attachments but they did not go through, so I posted the problem here. Thank you.

Rick Ambrosino

# Function Location
1 () JROOT\libraries\vendor\joomla\database\src\Mysqli\:141
2 Joomla\Database\Mysqli\MysqliStatement->__construct() JROOT\libraries\vendor\joomla\database\src\Mysqli\:1048
3 Joomla\Database\Mysqli\MysqliDriver->prepareStatement() JROOT\libraries\vendor\joomla\database\src\:1900
4 Joomla\Database\DatabaseDriver->setQuery() JROOT\administrator\components\com_kunena\src\Model\:73
5 Kunena\Forum\Administrator\Model\CategoryModel->getAdminCategory() JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\View\:153
6 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\AbstractView->get() JROOT\administrator\components\com_kunena\src\View\Category\:123
7 Kunena\Forum\Administrator\View\Category\HtmlView->display() JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\:697
8 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT\administrator\components\com_kunena\src\Controller\:66
9 Kunena\Forum\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display() JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\:735
10 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT\libraries\src\Dispatcher\:146
11 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT\libraries\src\Component\:389
12 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT\libraries\src\Application\:143
13 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT\libraries\src\Application\:186
14 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT\libraries\src\Application\:278
15 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT\administrator\includes\:63
16 require_once() JROOT\administrator\:32
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by rambro.

More
2 years 1 month ago #3 by rich
Please try it with the nightly build. You can find it at bottom on our download page.

More
1 year 1 month ago #4 by delossantosj
We are having exactly the same problem.
We have the latest Joomla 4.2.8. We re-installed core files to be safe.
We upgraded Kunena to release K8091. No new nightly build since then that we can see.
We tried both php 8,2 and 8.1.
We turned various plugins off. 

Nothing solves the problem. Should we use the Tool "Uninstall Kunena from Joomla included database"? Since the error seems to involve Joomla ROOT library access to SQLi.

We've run out of ideas. Does anyone have a clue where we should start on this?

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #5 by delossantosj
I believe we've discovered the underlying cause. 
We had performed the official migration procedure from Joomla 3.10 to Joomla 4.
During the migration, it's necessary to create a new database such that the migration to J4 can populate the backup data from 3.10 to the new J4 schema. 
During this process, the migration procedure highlights problems with various components that may be incompatible. Kunena and SobiPro were the only ones of our many components that came back with warnings during this process.
We followed the recommendations, and once we completed the migration, we got the latest version of Kunena, uninstalled any leftover elements from Kunena 5, and installed a fresh version of Kunena 6. 
What we failed to notice is that even though Kunena 5 was no more, various attachments and users, etc. showed up in our J4 database that had been entered in Kunena 5.
Once we used the tool "Uninstall Kunena from Joomla included database", all the errors cleared up. 
The only problem is now we have to go back to the J3 database and copy/paste each Kunena element into the new categories and attachments. Lucky we didn't have too many of those.
I hope this helps others. My guess is that if you do a fresh install of J4 instead of the migration, there will be no issue with Kunena. However, all of our components other than Kunena and SobiPro migrated OK to the new data schema during the J3-J4 migration, so Kunena developers may want to look into that.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by delossantosj.

More
1 year 1 month ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

When you have installed Kunena 6.0.x with tables from previous version then when the installation is finished you need to go to the Kunena dashboard because it's in this place where the database upgrade is done.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #7 by Moilleadóír
I don’t see any migration option being offered, just “Install Sample Data”.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #8 by xillibit
Hello,

There isn't option do migration, it's done automatically when you on Kunena dashboard. It applies the required steps depending from which Kunena version you are coming.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds